Product Experience | Chicago, Illinois
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Product Experience team - Design, Information, and Insights - focuses on our customers and their business needs. We contribute from the concept all the way to the building of world-class product experiences by partnering with Product Managers, Program Managers, Software Engineers and other cross-functional teams. Together, we are a team of craftspeople who aim to make the complex look easy. We employ insights, pixels, and words to solve big problems and make delightful experiences.
The User Experience Researcher will play a critical role both in the development of new product from concept to launch and with the iteration of existing products. Research is a critical input into the product development process at DocuSign, one that helps our teams understand customer needs, define problems, generate ideas, and evaluate potential solutions. As part of the Product organization, this role will partner closely with product managers, designers, and engineers. The successful candidate will have research experience in web application development and have mastered several research methodologies including usability testing and more ethnographic focused studies. You will be responsible for executing a variety of research initiatives throughout the product to support the design and development of experiences and the advancement of customer empathy.
This position reports to the Manager of User Research.
- Work with designers, product managers and other stakeholders to identify research needs.
- Design and execute research studies
- Synthesize findings into meaningful themes, write actionable and impactful reports with compelling data visualizations and expertly share these results with a variety of audiences.
- Advance the team’s research prowess by trying out new techniques and deliverables.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in user research with an emphasis on research related to software and digital experiences.
- An advanced degree in human interaction, cognitive science, or related field.
- Experience designing and conducting user research using a variety of methodologies.
- Experience recruiting and scheduling participants.
- A proven track record of working well with developers, product managers, designers and business partners.
- Ability to identify the right sample size for a given project
- Ability to give design recommendations based on knowledge of web design patterns, usability heuristics and understanding of cognitive processes.
- Ability to swiftly revise and improvise research plans as needed.
- Ability to think strategically and develop creative solutions to research challenges.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills.
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.