UX Researcher at Pampered Chef
The primary responsibility for this role will be to reveal what both our consumers and consultants need from the business's products by conducting primary research, exploring consumer behavior and motivation, and working with UX Architects, Product Management, and other key business stakeholders to support those needs.
- As the sole UX Researcher, help teams make decisions that have a positive impact on the user by sharing pre-existing research or conducting new research
- Plan and run a wide variety of generative and evaluative qualitative research including Usability Testing, Contextual Inquiry, Interviews, Card Sorting and other inventive research techniques
- Identify and prioritize research opportunities across the organization
- Analyze and share research insights via traditional and creative share out methods with Product, UX and other stakeholders that would benefit from the knowledge Ability to execute a wide variety of research approaches and demonstrates knowledge of various research methodologies.
- Proven experience working on projects that have short-term and long-term impact on the product and/or internal process
- Comfortable taking ambiguous project requirements and turning them into research questions, goals and plans
- Acts in a way that inspires other team members to engage and contribute.
- Demonstrates vision and innovation in a problem space
- Ability to communicate, defend, and build consensus across diverse teams regarding consultant and customer beliefs and needs
- Desire to contribute to a team environment that’s fun, productive and leverages each person’s talents
- Can use past experience with Agile to drive process improvements for design within a highly collaborative, cross-functional product team.
- Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said
- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action
- Using compelling arguments through complex policy, people, process, and people-related org dynamics
- Anticipating and adopting innovations in business-building digital and tech applications
Measures of Success:
- Ability to advocate for the product's value as well as the value of user research in addressing the products needs
- Plays a role in inspiring change at all stages of the product's development through the delivery of exciting written, oral, and visual presentation about findings
- Ability to tailor proposed research approaches in such a way that they are avail solutions for ore issues that regularly come up in individual stages of the product's life cycle
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in the study of design including one of the following: Design, Information Architecture, Human Factors or equivalent project/portfolio experience.
- Portfolio demonstrating research experience in ecommerce, SAAS, or technical focus, and the ability to discuss project contributions and outcomes