UX Researcher, Chicago, IL
Saggezza is a proven technology and consulting partner that delivers personalized, high-value solutions to accelerate business growth. We consult, create experiences, analyze, modernize and digitize to help our clients adapt and transform the way they do business. Saggezza consultants work as part of a global team, and throughout their tenure, have the opportunity to work on a variety of different projects across various clients and industries. We are chartered to do one thing, and one thing only – to bring enabling technology to our clients that allows them to move their business forward.
Are you passionate about UX research? Do you have a constant itch of curiosity on how people make decisions, think and act? Do you want to fast-track your career at an established IT firm and have the opportunity to be a leader on a small team? If you answered yes to any of these, then we have the job for you. Saggezza is looking for a full-time UX Researcher to join our Chicago team. This Individual will be working with one of our clients in Madison, WI.
This individual must be comfortable with traveling nationwide to client sites when needed, and needs to be comfortable working directly on-site with clients. This role also requires someone who has a proven ability to be a leader on a small team, while still working collaboratively with its team members.
Every project will be different, but you’ll always be responsible for:
- Work closely with the UX team to develop and iterate user interface designs based on research and usability test results
- Conduct interviews, online surveys and focus groups with client stakeholders and external users to understand measurable goals and identify any additional user requirements
- Design and conduct baseline usability test to identify user performance and satisfaction metrics
- Make recommendations for changes and assist with any immediate changes needed
- Identify current client customers to develop a thorough understanding of the target audience, their typical tasks, and their specific constraints
- Develop user profiles, personas and task matrix, task lists, task process diagrams, and user journey maps
- Make recommendations for improvements based on user needs and task characteristics
- Conduct usability tests of paper prototypes, wireframe mock-ups, and low-level prototypes of information architecture
- Develop measurement strategies that drive business objectives and goals directly to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Open to Travel: Monday-Friday to Madison, WI
What you’ll definitely need:
- 2+ years of professional UX Research experience
- Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, Anthropology, User Experience Design, Industrial Design, Industrial Engineering or similar field
- Expertise in creating Meta-Level Personas, Process Flows and User Journey Maps
- Familiarity with design tools like Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch and industry prototyping tools like Invision, XD, Axure, Balsamiq, , Proto. io or other similar tools for rapid prototyping
- Ability to produce key metrics findings as well as recommendation reports
- Familiarity with fundamental design principles (typography, layout, grid systems, hierarchy, color, composition)
- Understanding of dynamic design principles (fluid content, restricted layout sizes, portable usability standards)
- Desire to work hands-on for an innovative project from start to finish, and has the ability to think creatively and contribute fresh ideas and progressive insights
- Strong ability to work independently as well as in groups
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, and experience in leading, facilitating, and collaborating in design workshops
- Ability to demonstrate empathy for counter points and opinions
- Should be able to showcase their work via a digital or printed portfolio that demonstrates creative thinking and problem solving skills
What we’d love you to have:
- Working with scalable design systems
- Familiarity with HTML5/CSS3 is a plus
- Familiarity with project management tools
- Strong analytical, creative thinking, and problem solving skills
- Solid interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Seamlessly collaborates with clients and colleagues, across functional teams when needed
- Team player
What Makes Saggezza Unique?
Strong Relationships: We take the time to know our clients well, from the way they do business to their culture and their unique pain points. This level of engagement enables us to develop highly effective solutions.
Clients First: We work to understand our clients then develop a unique point of view to address their pain points. We do whatever it takes to provide the right solutions to address their specific situation.
A Trusted Partner: We collaborate as a true strategic partner and work side-by-side to develop the best solutions to bring our clients’ businesses into the future.
Passionate Mindset: We have an unending passion for technology and teamwork. We develop highly effective solutions to help our clients tackle the complex digital landscape.
Creating Value: The right investment in digital change is critical for our clients. That’s why we develop personalized, highly effective solutions that deliver value for their businesses.
Delivery Excellence: Our proven processes provide high-quality solutions that are delivered on time.
Why Join Our Team
- Our culture is diverse with endless opportunities to work for global corporations in their own backyard.
- Our nurturing and supportive environment fosters collaboration across the entire organization.
- We are not hierarchical but operate as a flat surface where every opinion matters, ideas are cultivated and innovation is encouraged.
- At Saggezza, we are fortunate to have a strong mentorship program that provides each and every one of our consultants the ability to thrive professionally and personally.
- We are only as good as our people. Saggezza, Italian for wisdom, is rooted from the perspective that knowledge is power. We create thought-leaders who are constantly exposed and trained in different technologies in the ever-evolving world of software development.
- We welcome all types of innovators with an entrepreneurial spirit to grow with our team.
Saggezza is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.