UX/Ui Designer - Design Systems
ZS is a professional services firm that works side by side with companies to help develop and deliver products that drive customer value and company results. From R&D to portfolio strategy, customer insights, marketing and sales strategy, operations and technology, we leverage our deep industry expertise and leading-edge analytics to create solutions that work in the real world. Our most valuable asset is our people—a fact that’s reflected in our values-driven organization in which new perspectives are integral and new ideas are celebrated.
ZS seeks a User Experience (UX) Designer to join our Software Development team in our Evanston, IL office. The Software Development (SD) team at ZS is a diverse, collaborative and smart group with offices in India and the United States. The UX team within this group conducts user-centered strategy, research and design in support of ZS' software products and productized assets. In this team you will work on our enterprise design system, focusing on the interaction design, education, and documentation of common design challenges and solutions.The ideal candidate is a strong intraction designer with experience working in cross-functional product teams and an interest in design systems and front-end technology.
- Work with designers, engineers, and product managers on our enterprise design system, creating interaction design patterns, standards, and best practices that support the design team at scale
- Create navigation and user interfaces with sitemaps, wireframes, screen mockups, behavioral specifications, and/or other design artifacts as needed
- Communicate new, ambitious design concepts to leadership and partners
- Care deeply about the details while remaining flexible and collaborative in implementation
- Participate in design critique by sharing and receiving constructive feedback
- Contribute to a design thinking culture within and beyond the Software Development team at ZS
- Bachelor’s in Design, Fine Arts, or a related field, and have a foundational understanding of usability design best practices
- 2-4 years of experience in the field of User Experience, with a focus on designing and delivering business or enterprise applications that are complex, high-volume, and high profile
- A portfolio featuring design work that showcases information architecture, interaction design, information design, visual design and/or mobile design skills and how the designs lead to positive business outcomes
- Ability to work independently and prioritize time
- Good written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate design decisions and open issues in a clear manner
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to listen to, and collaborate with, other UX designers, researchers, and project teams
- Experience designing for design systems
- Experience with life science and healthcare
Candidates should have the ability to travel to client locations (15%) to work with teams and provide in-person expertise. Candidates must possess permanent work authorization for their intended country of employment. An online application and a portfolio is required to be considered.
ZS offers a competitive compensation package with salary and bonus incentives, complete medical/dental/life insurance programs and 401k. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.