UX/UI Designer at One North
One North, a digital agency recently acquired by TEKsystems Global Services®, is looking for a dynamic and driven UX/UI Designer to join our team.
We help some of the world’s most complex organizations stand out from the crowd by delivering breakthrough brand experiences. Leveraging expertise across strategy, brand, experience design, and technology, our experts use digital to reimagine how clients connect, communicate, and engage with their audiences to win new business, strengthen client relationships, and attract and retain top talent.
We are a fast-paced, growing organization with a dynamic and diverse work environment. Our values guide our hiring decisions and shape how we make a meaningful impact for our clients.
One North is looking for an experienced UX/UI Designer. This designer will be responsible for designing new interactive digital experiences and applications with a larger team made up of strategists and architects with multiple diverse clients.
The ideal candidate will have agency or in-house product experience and will have spent time in their career as a UX/UI designer with 2+ years of experience. Strong proven history designing for complex use cases while maintaining a library of reusable components. Strong experience with large scale design systems would be a huge plus.
• Participate in the design process on projects from concept to delivery with design oversight from a UX Strategist, Senior Designer, Design Lead, or Design Director
• Work alongside developers to review and QA design aspects of the build project phase
• Create designs that deliver exceptional user experience and deliver on client’s strategic objectives and vision
• Balance user needs with our client’s business goals, market viability and technical feasibility
• Iterate solutions through UX process
• Create detailed information architecture and taxonomy
• Create detailed design systems, wireframes, and functional specifications around defined use cases
• Articulate design decisions and trade-offs to internal and external stakeholders
• Receive and facilitate client feedback, know how and when to defend design decisions
• Collaborate closely with Brand, Content and Digital Strategists, Designers, and Technologists to bring the solution to life
Skills & Qualifications
• 2+ years developing complex interactive digital experiences
• Professional agency, in-house product, or consulting experience preferred
• Agile and lean product design experience required
• Demonstrable experience solving a range of UX problems across a variety of business verticals, technologies, and user types
• Experience with Mobile UI design for iOS, Android, Windows platforms
• Working knowledge of Figma, Adobe Creative Suite (XD, Photoshop, Illustrator), Sketch, UXPin, InVisionApp, Axure or other UI prototyping software
• Ability to prototype with various levels of fidelity (pixel-perfect, whiteboard, paper, interactive prototypes)
• Solid understanding of graphic design principles (typography, layout, grid systems, visual hierarchy, color, composition)
• Passionate for agency life, multi-disciplinary projects, collaboration, complexity, and interesting work
• Strong ability to multitask, self-driven and self-motivated, consistently following through on a wide variety and number of tasks from inception to completion
• Experience partnering with technical architects and writing functional specifications
• Portfolio of recent work showing process (in addition to final deliverable) required