Truckstop.com is looking for a talented User Experience Designer to join our Product Development Team. This role will be responsible for developing best-in-class experiences (user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, etc.) in a fast-paced environment. This person will work closely with product management, engineering and company leaders to successfully go from early stage product concepts to launch.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborate with design, engineering, and product management teams to translate user needs into wireframes, prototypes, and other visual designs which effectively communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors.
- Incorporate feedback from customers, developers and design team members.
- Gain buy-in from all stakeholders for designs/wireframes/prototypes.
- Create any necessary digital assets and work closely with lead UX designer to implement the designs.
- Develop test plans, execute the tests, analyze the results and make recommendations based on test findings.
- Execute interaction design and visual design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Be a self-starter who can quickly jump in without a lot of direction and learn by asking the right questions.
- Ability to quickly grasp and distill highly complex user design issues into clean, understandable solutions.
- Two or more years of user experience design experience for software, web applications which leverage emergent technologies, consumer electronics and/or mobile devices.
- Must be proficient in Axure RP, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Expertise generating interactive prototypes.
- Expertise in user-centered design methods and best practices.
- Knowledge and experience in both web and mobile UX/UI design.
- Strong understanding of visual design fundamentals: layout, typography, color, composition, etc.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- A diverse web-based portfolio that showcases your work.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or other design related field.
- Understanding of common software project management practices.
- Understanding of common software development methodologies and practices.
- Experience in the transportation and logistics industry.