From our ecommerce products to our large ecommerce website projects to complete business web applications, at Adage all projects start with visioning, discovery and design. We are growing our team of user experience and user interface designers and looking for a digital first designer that will collaborate with us in designing and building best-in-class digital experiences for our clients.
At Adage the design team is committed to continuously pushing our practice. To do so we all participate in daily feedback loops, daily inspiration, and daily learning. We design with intent and empathy to continuously improve the digital experiences of organizations and their audiences through an informed practice. You will join a team of highly collaborative, always-learning, always-improving designers. We are big on collaboration and expect that you are to.
UIUX Designers bring digital designs to life with a mastery of color, type, and empathy for end users.
What you’ll be doing:
- Practicing a human centered design process and asking "why?"
- Gathering requirements and establishing user journeys in workshops
- Establishing strong vision and design goals for every project
- Designing products and enterprise ecommerce websites in a component or atomic design approach
- Designing the look and feel including color and type setting or prototyping complete and often complex business rules in Axure 9.
- Validating design decisions with regular usability testing
- Collaborating with designers, developers (back end and front end), and project managers
- Collaborating when needed on marketing and sales collateral
- Giving and taking feedback
The role requires:
- 1-2 years’ experience at an agency, product company, or startup in a design role
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in one of the creative arts, Digital Media, Human and Computer Interaction, Design Thinking, or equivalent work experience
- Eagerness to learn and desire for feedback and continuously improving their design output
- Eagerness to be client facing including leading design thinking workshops with clients, and end users
- Effective communication of design decisions to team members and clients
- Working knowledge or desire to learn Axure and Figma
- Passion for technology and a desire to understand website and web app development
- Appreciation of technical limits, scope, timeline and budget, as needed constraints for successful design
- Desire to learn how to design in browser and has working knowledge or desire to learn HTML, CSS, and JS
A digital portfolio is required for consideration.