UX/UI Designer at KAR Global
We are fast-paced, forward thinking and driven by data.
We are accelerating the used car industry.
We are looking for creative, talented, hard-working individuals to join us.
Buckle up. It’s going to be a great ride.
Based in Chicago, Autoniq, LLC (powered by DaaS and KAR Auction Services) is the leading mobile automotive appraisal service for car dealers. autoniq® is accelerating the used car industry by bringing data and technology together in a spectacular, first-of-its-kind fashion to help dealers acquire the right vehicles, at the right price, right now. We are committed to delivering data-driven solutions with a high-touch, personalized level of service to each of our clients.
We are looking for world-class individuals to join our team of creative technologists, forward-thinking product and marketing professionals, engineers and visionary data scientists. We are committed to offering our employees top benefits and perks, including medical, dental, vision, tech subsidies, and much more.
We are looking for people that will help us continue a culture that is exciting, diverse, empowering, motivating and challenging. Are you interested in learning more?
DRIVIN is seeking a mid-level UX/UI Designer. In this role you will focus on multiple facets of the design process including user research, interaction design, data visualization, prototyping, and the production of high fidelity mockups ready for development. You’ll collaborate and work closely with product owners and developers to help define and design intuitive user experiences for our web and mobile products.
- Take ideas from low fidelity UX design to high fidelity UI design
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Tell stories using data that can be quickly understood and allow users to act on meaningful insights
- Designing graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Work in an iterative workflow process and thrive in an environment with short feedback loops
- 5+ years of experience in product design within an Agile environment preferred
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles
- Strong visual design and typographic skills
- Proficiency using design tools including Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience using rapid prototyping applications such as InVision and/or Axure
- Experience using data to inform design and product decisions
- Experience with responsive web and mobile app design standards as well as understanding of technical constraints and UX best practices
- Strong understanding of differing visual design patterns between Android, iOS and web (i.e. layout, navigation, typography, etc.)
- Ability to visualize data
- An impressive portfolio demonstrating the successful delivery of design solutions for both web and mobile devices
- Excellent time management skills and able to manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoy adapting to feedback from both users and internal stakeholders
- Front-end development knowledge (HTML, CSS) is a plus
- Automotive industry knowledge a plus
- Requires little supervision