We are looking for a skilled visual designer who is eager to work on a wide range of web work. This person will be working closely with product owners, stakeholders, creative leads, and peers to continually optimize, through testing, the site experience for our customers, support business initiatives, and help grow the business.
Designers must have a solid understanding of graphic design and web technologies as well as a good grasp of standard design/prototyping programs and tools. Designers must have the ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and a willingness to keep their skills and industry knowledge current.
This role will report to the Senior Manager, UX. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
What you’ll be doing.
- Adept at taking ambiguous problems, deciphering the ask, and translating the challenge into an easy-to-understand creative challenge
- Using your expertise in layout and design to develop work that is on-strategy and on-brand, raising the creative bar while meeting our customers’ needs
- Proponent of radical candor and champion of positive team culture
- Consulting with stakeholders to understand their goals and explaining research results
- Potentially conducting usability testing
- Understand user feedback and activity, and iterating to enhance the user experience
- Assisting with content creation
- Conducting competitor and customer analysis
- Successfully design wireframes and think through ideal user flows
- Provide professional input on UI and UX
- Maintain highly collaborative relationships with technical, design, and strategic team members to achieve optimal solutions.
- Review implemented coded design for any discrepancies from the original design
What we’re looking for.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a creative or marketing environment
- Participate in critiques and brainstorms
- Skilled collaborator
- Understanding of web standards, CSS, and HTML
- Experience designing e-commerce websites, including forms and user flows
- Communication skills, both internally like within your team and externally to stakeholders
- Strong understanding of MVP/iterative approach through an Agile scrum framework
Nice to have.
- 2+ years of web e-commerce experience delivering full scope web and software projects for enterprise clients, ideally in an agency environment
- Knowledge of Agile workflow
- Experience in user testing
- Photoshop + Illustrator experience
- 1+ year of relevant UX CRO testing experience, preferably in either FinTech or an analytics-based environment
Who we are.
Root Insurance is the nation’s first licensed insurance carrier powered entirely by mobile. We were founded on the belief that the services you need for everyday life should serve you better. That’s why we base insurance coverages on you, not your demographic. It’s the way insurance should be. And it’s all conveniently in an app.
What draws people to Root.
Our early success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We look for individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and a highly analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy. For assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration. We encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People. We are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.