Anyone can sell and deliver groceries. We'll ask you to deliver a great job and do it with creativity and panache.
Effectively administering an online grocery-shopping and delivery service might look easy, which is precisely what we want our customers at Peapod to think. Other companies may try to mimic the unique online grocery shopping and delivery services offered by industry pioneer Peapod. But few can match our commitment to continually delivering the best possible overall customer experience.
At Peapod, we take great pride in the design, which is why we want someone like you to add your graphic design skills to our Creative Services team as a Visual Designer in our downtown Chicago location. Our visual designers work with our software & web developers, UI/UX team, and our Marketing and Merchandising teams to create visually stunning materials for both online and offline use. In this position, one would be part of a team responsible for creating our online promotions, offline marketing and merchandising materials, emails, banner ads, videos and more!
- Plan, design and execute concepts for promotions and campaigns to be used throughout the website and in offline channels as required
- The role requires cross department communication, liaising and ideating with Merchandising, Marketing and Peapod Interactive teams to ensure consistency in message while delivering on business goals
- Work with UX team members to develop experience style guides, including sustainable and maintainable visual design languages and systems, interaction patterns, and information design standards
- Present design concepts to stakeholders in a professional and logical manner
- Maintain JIRA system expertise, providing guidance to other business users as needed
- Leverage the capabilities of Rich Internet Applications and other technologies to create intuitive and elegant user interactions
- Work with User Experience Designers, Business Analysts and Developers to develop and iterate a visual design that exceeds the goals of the project
- Research best practices for design and develop a point of view as to relevance and application for Peapod
- Partner with Creative Services Lead to design and implement on-going A/B testing and consolidate test results; summarize and cascade insights to broader team to improve in-house, institutional knowledge
- Collaborate with front-end and UX/UI Product teams to optimize web and interaction designs for online content modules, aligned to seasonal campaign priorities and evolving needs
- 360 degree approach to marketing and creative that is clearly aligned to Commercial priorities, leading to increased engagement, awareness and sales
- Multi-faceted designer with exceptional design skills in typography, digital layout, print design, art direction and copywriting while understanding the commercial objectives of the business and be able to answer them with original and engaging ideas
- Act as a passionate Brand owner, enabling and leading the evolution of the Brand Guidelines
- Build relationships with design resources within the OpCo Brands to ensure we are fully utilizing resources
- BS in Design or equivalent
- 3-5 years in design in a professional setting, with a preference for experience in online design and ecommerce
- Experience in digital ad creation a plus
- Experience creating visual design for Websites and Web applications
- Experience with content management systems and Jira
- Professional-level design software proficiency (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Basic understanding of web design tools including HTML, DHTML, CSS/CSSX, Flash
- Culturally aware and shows interest in continually developing design skills to stay abreast of relevant trends
- Works well in a fast paced environment and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Flexible and adaptable to occasional changes in business requests
- Works effectively in a team environment. Gets along well with others and prioritizes team/business goals
- Strong attention to detail
Peapod offers a competitive starting salary, with excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K with match, paid time off and flexible spending accounts...and a discount on your groceries! You must be authorized to work in the United States to be eligible for consideration for employment. Peapod is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.