Visual Designer at Peapod Digital Labs
Browse the Aisles
We are seeking a Visual Designer to join our team. The Visual Designer is charged with creating visually stunning and persuasive materials to support the broader business goals. As a member of our Creative Services team the Visual Designer will partner together with key stakeholders to ideate, design, and produce required content and communication materials with a consistent and visually appealing brand presence.
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Effectively collaborate with key stakeholders to translate user needs and business goals into actionable designs and engaging content
- Plan, design and execute concepts for promotions and campaigns to be used throughout the website and in offline channels as required
- Work with UX Designers, Business Analysts and Developers to develop and iterate a visual design for projects as assigned
- Recommend and implement updates to the design style guide to ensure delivery of consistent, on-brand design principles across all channels and categories
- Maintain JIRA system expertise, providing guidance to other business users as needed
- Partner with Creative Services Lead to design and implement on-going A/B testing and consolidate test results; summarize and cascade insights to broader team to improve in-house, institutional knowledge
- Maintain knowledge of any relevant legal or regulatory policies
- Assist executive team members with occasional presentation preparation and general support as needed
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design or Related Field
- 5+ years in design in a professional setting, with a preference for experience in online design with extensive experience in creating visual design for Websites and Web applications
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Experience with content management systems a plus
- Experience within the retail / eCommerce space is strongly preferred
- Ability to work within a fast-paced production environment
- Experience working within the eCommerce grocery delivery industry is a plus
- Effectively communicate to various levels of management
- Ability to work within a team centered environment
- Proficient problem-solver and strong project management skills
- Ability to provide constructive feedback and design direction to Jr. Designers
- Capable of completing work and projects with minimal supervision
- Work autonomously to conceptualize and design from brief to completion, providing excellent client service
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.