The Visual Designer will lead the entire process of defining requirements, visualizing and creating graphics, illustrations, logos, infographics, layouts and photos. You’ll be the one to shape the visual identity / execution of all visual mediums such as: digital/web, ebooks, advertising, tradeshow displays, employer branding, apparel/swag, etc.
Vision: We are creating an alternative employment model for the future of finance work. By capitalizing on the rise of the freelance/gig economy, we are disrupting the $150bn antiquated accounting industry.
Through technology, we bring work directly to the highest quality finance and accounting professionals and provide them with the tools they need to manage and grow their own books of business. At the end of our day, our purpose is simple: Empower people to do what they love.
Culture: Collaboration is key to the Paro Home Team. Together, we curate an open environment and encourage constant feedback to create great experiences for our freelancers and guarantee success for our clients. We live and breathe our values and have a whole lot of fun along the way.
What We Do:
We help growing companies gain confidence in their finances. Paro matches businesses with the highest vetted bookkeepers, accountants, financial analysts, and CFOs who provide remote, on-demand, hourly support when clients need it. We only accept 2% of applicants into our highly curated network of experts, so clients know they’re working with the best of the best.
Who You Are:
- You know your work will capture the attention of those who see it and communicate the right message
- You want your work to stand out from the crowd
- You want to work on thoughtful and meaningful projects in any medium
- You know how to attract, inspire, motivate and impress a target audience
- Create and study design briefs and determine requirements
- Schedule projects, define turnaround times and make reasonable deadlines
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas
- Develop illustrations, logos and other designs using software or by hand
- Use the appropriate colors and layouts for each graphic
- Work with copywriters and take direction to produce final design
- Test graphics across various media
- Amend designs after feedback
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
- Implement design intake process and project management
- Own printing and design delivery
- Proven design experience with a strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
- Mastery of design software and technologies specifically Adobe Creative Suite
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts or a related field is a plus
Nice to Haves:
- Video production and motion graphics
- Web development experience
At Paro, we pride ourselves on our strong value-oriented culture—which we created together as a team—and look to bring on new team members who also embody these values.
Enjoy the journey
We bring energy to an antiquated and stale industry
We embrace fun
We don’t take ourselves too seriously
Have each other’s backs
We are a team; we win together and lose together
We can handle anything
We feel confident to take risks because we serve as each other’s safety net
We are a community, not just a workplace
Do the right thing
We don’t cut corners; we take a long-term view of success
We deposit in the Karma bank
We are loyal to clients and freelancers
We are transparent and don’t hold ulterior motives
Take Smart Risks
We believe that trying and failing is better than not trying at all
We think creatively about obstacles
We challenge assumptions We are nimble
We invent new ways to do what we do
We want to be comfortably uncomfortable and encourage each other to take on new and more challenging projects
We are each accountable for every team member being their best and push each other and give others permission to push us
We bring our whole selves to work; we're cool with who you are, professional and otherwise!
We recognize that everyone brings something important to the table and that conflict helps us grow
We are sensitive to our differences; we value being yourself while making space for others to be themselves We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion as we grow