Visual Product Designer at Tempus
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
We’re looking for a Visual Product Designer to join our growing product design team. You’ll be a part of a team dedicated to defining and implementing the Tempus design system. You’re a strong visual designer with experience turning complex problems into simple design solutions.
Collaborating with cross-functional teams, you’ll be responsible for creating simple, digestible, elegant patient reports that are consistent across all products and diseases.
You’re extremely organized with pixel-perfect standards and excellent attention to detail. You understand the importance of designing for accessibility and usability.
You’re a self-starter and thrive in a fast-paced environment with lots of ambiguity. You’re curious and eager to learn and understand the Tempus landscape and our users.
You’re passionate about creating products and experiences that make a difference and directly impact the lives of patients.
You’re comfortable working with expert stakeholders to translate complex scientific concepts into beautiful, digestible designs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including other designers, engineers, product, and science to design and develop simple, digestible, elegant patient reports across multiple diseases
- Articulate and distill extremely complex problems through innovative, compelling design solutions
- Understand and interpret user needs across different multiple personas and diseases
- Learn and adapt quickly through iterative prototyping
- Be constantly on the lookout for and proactive in implementing best practices and modern design principles
- 1+ year of experience in product or visual design
- A degree or certificate in graphic design, communication design, HCI or a related field
- A design portfolio with a strong emphasis on visual design and expertise in fundamental graphic design skills (layout, visual hierarchy, typography, color, iconography) OR a willingness to complete a design exercise
- Proficiency in design and prototyping tools including Sketch, Invision, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with other designers, product managers, engineers, and key stakeholders
- Comfortable in a fast-paced work environment and able to manage multiple complex projects in a timely manner
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to learn from your colleagues about scientific concepts outside of your area of expertise.
Note: this role will be remote for the short term due to COVID-19, but will eventually be expected to work out of one of our offices in Chicago, New York, or Redwood City.