Visual UI Designer
higi is a population health enablement company that empowers consumers to measure, track, and act on their health numbers – blood pressure, pulse, weight, BMI, body composition, hydration -- through easily accessed higi self-screening health stations currently found at over 11,000 retail locations.
Healthcare organizations connect to their consumers through higi to activate them in their health and to help them monitor their health data. In turn, healthcare organizations use higi to identify and act on areas of risk, close care gaps, and improve chronic condition management.
By empowering consumer self-management and more effectively connecting consumers to their trusted providers, higi makes it easier for people to be their healthiest while enabling better care at lower cost.
Learn more at https://higi.com
Do you want to be part of a fun and fast-paced startup that defines the next generation of consumer healthcare engagement?
Accepting applications for Higsters!
higi is looking for a talented UI designer with 2-4 years of experience to work across our three platforms: kiosk, web, and mobile. This position will report to the director of design, and alongside our design team, product managers, developers and QA engineers to create interfaces that correspond with our style guide and resonate with our users. We’ll rely on you to provide input during the design process and play a part in continuously refining our approach to human-centered design and product development.
- Must be highly collaborative and eager to work with scrum team members, including product managers, developers and QA engineers in an iterative, Agile environment, building solutions from discovery to delivery.
- Must enjoy using modern ideation tools in groups settings, including whiteboarding, sketch sessions and Google Design Sprints to inform design concepts.
- Must be comfortable exploring multiple design concepts and proposing different variations with the goal of prototyping quickly to gain team, stakeholder and user feedback.
- Iterate on and build new visual UI designs across three platforms: kiosk, web, and mobile based on existing design language.
- Must be able to respond to pull requests for both UX and UI during the development process, both by defending design decisions and compromising when needed
- Organizing and maintaining production level files and assets.
- Must be able to design to prototype in the absence of wireframes
- Bachelors Degree
- 2 – 4 years in visual interface design roles
- Experience in healthcare is not required, but is a plus
- Relevant Adobe Creative Suite tools: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat
- Prototyping in InVision
- iOS human interface guidelines and Android material design standards
- Responsive web
- Managing tickets in Jira
- Experience with Figma a plus
- Excellent communications skills; ability to articulate the value and process of human-centered design
- Benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability/life insurance)
- Company Paid Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability Coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Sick Time
- Paid Gym Membership
- Office Happy Hours, Pool Table, Ping Pong, Foosball, Shuffle Board