Voice User Interface Designer/Analyst at Vail Systems, Inc.
Voice User Interface Designer/Analyst
Versay Solutions is seeking a Voice User Interface Designer/Analyst with proficiency in interactive voice response (IVR) development. As a VUI Designer/Analyst, you will be expected to analyze IVR application logs and usage data to make appropriate customer experience optimization improvements. You would produce call flows, application prototypes, and conversational voice user interface specifications for various customers. This role is team-oriented and customer-facing, as you will collaborate with client teams as well as other technical staff to accomplish project deliverables.
The ideal candidate will have a strong telecommunications background to successfully provide recommendations on applying sophisticated software technologies to voice calls. The candidate will have knowledge of call flow documentation, voice application lifecycles, storytelling/writing for spoken word, speech and language technologies, prosody, cognitive load, and CX research best practices. Additionally, the candidate will be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and adaptable.
What you’ll do:
- Create and write designs and content for IVRs based on customers’ needs
- Independently analyze customer audio-based data and document critical insight observations, such as patterns and future trends
- Determine what updates and changes to the software would appropriately support business goals
- Present VUI designs to clients; help clients to balance between business needs and user needs
- Create and update script design documentation for the use of other analysts and designers
- Design user-facing features of the IVR to improve the user experience
- Analyze data to make improvements and updates to current call flows
- Attend and present status updates at weekly team meetings on project deliverables to team members and upper management; attend project related meetings and customer facing meetings
- Effectively communicate advice to team and managers regarding interpretation of analyses of the call logs
- Implement improvements into the IVR design
- Apply machine learning or statistical modeling techniques to applications that use natural language processing (NLP)
- Advise in the process of developing, deploying, and updating the NLP applications
- Successfully communicate and collaborate with developers
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Linguistics, or related field
- 2+ years of experience with IVR systems
- 2+ years of experience in voice/VUI design
- Experience working with software engineers, developers, and/or UX designers in a highly technical environment
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum
- Experience with voice or multimodal speech interface
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with large data
- Proficiency in analyzing and presenting observed insights and improvement plans
- Proficiencies with speech and language technologies (e.g. ASR, NLU, TTS, etc.)
- 1-2+ years of experience with telecom platforms, such as Avaya, Cisco, or Genesys
- Experience in persona designing and/or writing
- Familiarity with qualitative usability testing
- Familiarity with 1+ programming language
- Strong research skills
- Experience with grammars and tuning
- Proficiency in conversational North American Spanish
Spoken language is capable of conveying highly-nuanced meanings and intents and, by extension, greatly influence perception and experiences. At Versay, we believe in the unique power of the human voice to create more expressive, more engaging, and more efficient interactions. Our experts work with Fortune 500 companies to help them serve their customers more effectively through the use of various voice technologies. From basic network services, to state-of-the-art IP telephony, to cutting edge conversational systems and real-time analytics, Versay technology makes millions of voice interactions better every day.
At Versay, we strive to cultivate a supportive culture of continuous learning where employees are encouraged to achieve both personal and team goals by providing innovative telephony solutions that enhance customer contact center experiences. We entrust our employees to work autonomously and also encourage contribution to the decision-making process in a highly collaborative environment where open communication is fostered. Product development is centered around the end user to ensure Versay products are efficient, productive, and add value for our clients.