What We Do:
Fieldglass, an SAP company, provides a cloud-based Vendor Management System (VMS) to manage contingent workforce and services procurement programs. More than 300 customers leverage Fieldglass to gain visibility into their external workforces, including contingent labor, services managed through Statements of Work and independent contractors while optimizing spend, quality, compliance and efficiency.
What Sets Us Apart:
Fieldglass was “born cloud”. As one of the forerunners of today’s highly successful cloud delivery model, Fieldglass has been a Software-as-a-Service application since its start. At a time when many buyers were using behind-the-firewall ERP applications to manage their non-employee workforce, this VMS industry first is now the industry standard.
Some of our attributes include:
- We are the VMS market leader in global spend and in Q1 2017 retained our position as a Leader in this market by Forrester Research.
- Not only an industry leader but a thought leader - Fieldglass keeps customers up to date with VMS industry knowledge on our ‘From the Field’ blog, FUSE User Exchange and social media accounts.
- We work with the world’s leading companies, including AIG, Verizon, GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson & Johnson, CVS/Caremark, United Airlines, Panasonic, Rio Tinto, Monsanto, and many, many more.
- We are now part of SAP, a market leading enterprise application software company, helping companies of all sizes and industries run simple.
Fieldglass encourages an open door policy and a collaborative office environment. Team members across all departments can easily meet together in any of our open office layouts. Those with an entrepreneurial and can-do attitude keep Fieldglass at the top of its industry. Traditional perks include casual dress, generous paid time off, charitable activities, stocked kitchens, great healthcare coverage and more!
We are currently seeking a Software Architect in Product Development who will play an essential role in a major technology transformation being undertaken by Fieldglass. The work location can be in Chicago, Naperville, or remote.
- Champion best practices on software engineering throughout the organization.
- Drive exemplar proofs-of-concept or pilots that leverage our technology and establish the path for other similar projects.
- Work with other architects around business, data, systems, and security needs on how applications best participate in the overall enterprise architecture.
- Create the design specifications for development from approved business cases.
- Performs impact analyses of new features or changes to existing features within the Fieldglass application
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of data and application through analysis, coding, writing clear documentation and problem resolution.
- Analyze and translate functional specifications and change requests into technical specifications.
- Establish standards around development technology stacks, including languages, containers, frameworks, libraries, and design patterns.
- Develop, document, and present recommendation proposals, including selection criteria, evaluation, analysis of options, tradeoffs, justifications, and final selections.
We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer or Information Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Management Information Systems or related course of study.
- 3+ years of development, testing, and deployment experience in a Java environment.
- Hands-on experience with various integration protocol such as SOAP, RESTful web services. Knowledge about micro-service is desired.
- Working knowledge of one or more of these technologies is preferred:
Java, J2EE technologies, JSP, Struts, AJAX, JQuery, HTML, CSS and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Familiarity with one or more of these technologies is a plus, though not required:
SAPUI5/Fiori, SAP HANA and OData.
- Ability to create detailed analysis and designs of minor components.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Additional Locations: Virtual - USA
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Architecture, Developer, SAP, ERP, Engineer, Engineering, Technology