Digital Analytics Specialist
About Camelot Illinois:
Camelot Illinois has been awarded the contract as the new private manager of the Illinois Lottery. The company is restoring transparency, integrity and responsibility to the Illinois Lottery. In partnership with the state, Camelot will operate a modern lottery that truly benefits the people of Illinois. The company’s innovative approach places consumers and social responsibility at its core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. Camelot is committed to building an organization with the strength and experience to grow the lottery and reinforce its rightful position as a force for good.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Global, a leading technology and professional services provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Global’s portfolio of work includes the Irish National Lottery, Loterie Romande, the California State Lottery, the Kentucky Lottery, the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery, among others.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
Camelot Global is looking for a Digital Analytics Specialist to get right into our marketing and econometric data to help us understand what our customers – players of the Lottery online – are doing. You will be responsible for working with big data sets to deliver advanced and actionable customer insights to understand player habits and trends, improve the customer experience, drive customer lifetime value and determine the metrics for our future loyalty propositions.
You should be able to administer Google Analytics with experience working in an eCommerces environment. If the language that you speak is “Traffic”, “AOV” and “Conversion” and or course everything money related then this role should feel right to you. You should be hands on and you will be working with the rest of the digital team in Camelot Illinois and you will also be supported by the wider Camelot Global team out of London. The ideal candidate will be someone who is up for a challenge and likes to get stuck in.
The successful individual will be able to work with minimal instruction and oversight, conduct multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, maintain relationships with management, and own deliverables end to end. Critical to the success of this role is your ability to work with big data, develop insightful analysis, and communicate findings in a clear and compelling way.
- Perform large-scale data analysis and develop effective statistical models for segmentation, classification, optimization, time series, etc...
- Ensure the correct setup of Google Analytics, and have proven experience of monitoring and measuring conversion rate optimisation.
- Design and implement reporting dashboards that track key business metrics and provide actionable insights.
- Identify actionable insights, suggest recommendations and influence the direction of the business by effectively communicating results to cross functional groups.
- Work closely with Product & Technology teams to proactively create rules and manage decisions.
- Prioritize projects & requests so that the business works on the most valuable activities.
- Suggest improvements in the tools and techniques to help support the team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience.
- 2 plus years working in an digital analytics related role.
- Past experience in a role focused on customer insight, statistical modelling, data science or similar.
- Solid understanding of online marketing.
- Experience working with SQL and Big Data.
- Experience in delivering analytics to C-level stakeholders.
- Experience using and/or deploying digital analytics and measurement solutions.
- Ability to visualize models and results, with the ability to debug and troubleshoot code and models.
- Master’s Degree.
- Experience in the gaming and/or lottery related industries.
WHY WORK FOR US
Camelot Illinois is building a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology and operations. The Camelot values of being honest, creating together, keeping it simple and thinking long term are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Be Honest: We do what we say, we keep our promises and we don’t rest until we’ve earned each other’s respect
- Create Together: The most effective solutions come from strong collaboration, a culture of innovation, shared goals and respect for everyone’s expertise.
- Keep It Simple: We keep things simple, direct and transparent so customers in particular always know where they stand.
- Think Long Term: We work with customers to build successful lotteries for the next generation, not just the next day.
We want people who thrive in a relaxed, autonomous, results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling career in an organization committed to growing its own future leaders. Career Development is a top priority and we will partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We will bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We will also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture which is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We aim to offer a package of benefits and policies which will compete with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles in their job. Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and will support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.