Director, Compliance and Packaging Safety
HAVI is a privately held global company that innovates, optimizes and drives the supply chains and marketing promotions of many of the best known brands in the world. When you work at HAVI, you have a chance to make your mark – to be a part of work that drives value, brings a smile and keeps everyday life moving forward. Which means it’s not the size of our global footprint, but rather your personal fingerprint, that has the power to make a real difference for our customers… and to touch the lives of people both at home and around the world.Responsibilities
The Compliance and Packaging Safety Team is responsible for ensuring that food packaging is safe and meets all market regulatory requirements. This includes assessing the level of risk associated with packaging based upon intended use and executing a strategy for minimizing the risk, including testing as required. The Director, Compliance and Packaging Safety will directly manage the group and will be responsible for working with stakeholders globally to oversee the day-to-day tactical functioning of the processes and people, ensuring that timelines are met and projects are executed. Through this individual’s knowledge of market regulations, they will ensure that the necessary product evaluations and testing occurs, while managing the product risk portfolio. This role will set the high-level strategy and direction for the team, and provide management oversight. Reporting to the Sr. Director, Quality Assurance, the role will work closely with the Directors of Supplier Quality Assurance, Field Quality, Product Development and Regional Services.
- Management of the Compliance and Packaging Safety Team, defining clear expectations, goals and requirements, overseeing day-to-day duties and deliverables.
- Oversight of the team’s activities in new product introductions, navigating them through their respective processes, ensuring that food safety, regulatory compliance, and quality considerations are brought to bear early in the design and development of products
- Develop and improve existing strategies and processes that address product compliance and safety concerns in support of product innovation and renovation activities
- Maintain a close understanding of the global, regional and market regulatory landscape to identify potential changes, threats and opportunities and provide interpretation and guidance to the business
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technology that will impact global, regional and market regulatory policy in order to develop strategies and proactively anticipate issues
- Develop a strategy and oversee the execution of packaging regulatory and compliance testing
- Oversee the maintenance of an internal library of current US and International regulations, standards, and product testing/approval laboratories
- Accountable for leading a global anticipatory issues management (AIM) team and process. This includes supplier participation through the global packaging leadership team (GPLT).
- Reporting to this position will be the functional areas of product stewardship and product testing.
Desired Skills & Experience
- BS in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering (Masters preferred)
- 10+ years regulatory experience
- Thorough understanding of regulatory testing methods and requirements
- Broad expertise in packaging regulatory compliance with a working knowledge of 21CFR, German BfR, EU Reach, MERCUSOR, FSANZ, and/or Canadian F&D Act
- Familiarity with regulatory authorities and their processes
- Technical, personal and business credibility to work effectively with cross functional teams and at different levels inside the organization
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Business travel experience
Our total rewards philosophy integrates programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, corporate culture, corporate citizenship and work-life balance. While individual program components may differ by country, some things remain constant:
…our commitment to rewarding results
…the opportunity to work with talented and driven individuals at every level of our company who respect each other, treat each other fairly and hold one another accountable for our customers’—and our company’s success