Director, Sales Training
Trunk Club, a Nordstrom Company, is a Chicago-based personalized styling service for men and women, offering both virtual and in-person shopping options. Shoppers can visit Trunk Club’s retail Clubhouses in Boston, Charleston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York City, Washington D.C., for an in-person styling session or custom fitting for any occasion. For those who prefer an at-home experience, Trunk Club offers a virtual styling option, where a personal stylist sends a curated trunk of clothing to their home based on the customer’s style, fit, and lifestyle preferences.
About the Role
This role will lead a sales training team comprised of trainers located in our CH locations, in addition to our flagship HQ in Chicago. The Director of Sales Training will act an internal sales methodology and process expert, and partner with the sales leadership team to help assess, measure and enhance the performance of revenue generation strategy and activities connected with optimal sales effectiveness.
- Plan, organize and track training activities required to support and improve key areas of sales effectiveness, including on-boarding a new stylist, training on our products, and sales methodology.
- Manage the implementation and continued education for the Trunk Club sales teams across our national trunk sales and in-house Clubhouse team, including the development and training of key differentiators for each level in the organization.
- Work with sales leadership and HR to oversee in onboarding and training of new sales hires.
- Build and manage ongoing appropriate training curriculum in conjunction with other departments to increase effectiveness of the sales organization.
- Develop training tools and documentation to support the training curriculum, determining the best method for training delivery, including online, webcasts, and onsite training (workforce will also include remote employees).
- Manage a team of sales trainers to execute against sales training objectives in our 7 Clubhouse locations.
- Identify and assess future and current organizational learning needs by building partnerships and gathering input from key organizational stakeholders.
- Ensure strong linkage of training programs to overall business initiatives and sales goals.
- Lead, guide and implement the process to develop training skills by coaching the training team
- 8+ years of hands-on sales and/or service trainer experience within a large scale and rapidly growing organization with remote employees
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in managing a team of training professionals
- Possess a strong customer-centric philosophy - everything we do must enhance the internal and external customer experience
- Strong presentation and persuasion skills; excellent organizational skills and focus on delivering projects on time
- Ability to collaborate with business partners to identify specific factors beyond training that contribute to changes in performance
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach, manage and develop high-performance teams and develop and implement program strategies
- Experience and thorough understanding of strategic lead generation methodologies, and the ability to apply this knowledge
- Experience in retail preferred, but not required
- Travel required
- Bachelor’s degree required
What Trunk Club will provide
- Healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
- Career advancement opportunities with strong emphasis on internal promotions
- A company culture like you’ve never experienced
- State of the art workplace environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to frequently stand; walk; use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms.