Director of Scientific Operations
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but medical care providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of the data. Here at Tempus, we believe the greatest promise for the detection and treatment of cancer lies in the deep understanding of molecular activity for disease initiation, progression, and in identifying treatments based on both clinical and genomic data.
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem that will redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We are building a scientific operations team who are passionate and focused on developing state of the art techniques to processing and creating and interpreting vast amounts of genomic and molecular data. You will collaborate with product, research, and business development teams to develop the most advanced sequencing and analysis platform in cancer care.
What You’ll Do:
- Report directly to scientific leadership
- Coordinate projects across all scientific activities of Tempus
- Plan and direct the activities of a cutting edge Modeling Lab
- Provide solutions to highly complex problems and apply a high degree of ingenuity, creativity and innovation
- Have personnel, quality, and performance responsibility
- Coordinate the development of genetically and functionally characterized biobanks of organoid cultures that represent patients and are used to develop novel precision medicine
- Deliver regular business reviews to Senior Management to summarize performance, quality, and other metrics
- Ph.D. in a related field
- 5+ years of related scientific project management experience
- In-depth knowledge and experience in lab operations process management, data integrity assurance, collaboration, lab analytics and metrics
- Possess strong abilities to develop and manage processes, operations and technology
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and management skills