Email Marketing Developer
Position: Email Marketing Developer
Location: Chicago, IL or New York City, NY
Raise, a leading retail payments company and the world’s largest gift card marketplace, connects consumers to buy discounted gift cards or sell their unwanted cards for cash. As the leading retail technology partner with nearly 400 national brands, Raise offers a new type of digital payment for retailers.
Since the company launched in 2013, Raise has saved millions of consumers more than $140 million and has received $147 million in funding from investors including Accel, PayPal, Bessemer Venture Partners and New Enterprise Associates. Raise is headquartered in Chicago with an office in New York
About the Position
As an email developer at Raise, you will work directly with our Marketing and Creative teams to deliver premier, personalized communications at scale that align directly with our business objectives and KPIs. Through a blend of high-level email production and creative problem-solving, you will implement best practices for coding email, designing and deploying campaign logic.
In addition, your ability to partner and establish strong relationships with other designers and developers is essential. You will collaborate with cross-functional team members and continually run tests to improve ROI. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about CRM, 1:1 email marketing and can stay abreast of ever-evolving industry technologies and be willing to share those trends.
As Raise continues to build upon our CRM strategy, this is an extraordinary opportunity to apply your email development talent and expand your knowledge of marketing automation as a whole. While you will be directly responsible for coding promotional emails, you will also have the opportunity to develop landing pages and tackle technical challenges revolving around user-centric solutions.
Be prepared to provide examples of code you've written, including responsive email templates.
- Build email campaigns within the SailThru platform upon receipt of assets from internal creative groups (Training to be provided on the SailThru platform)
- Develop campaign logic (list selection, segmentation) in the SailThru campaign management toolset
- Use responsive coding for mobile optimization, and leverage Litmus services to test assets across multiple browsers and email clients
- Drive code evaluations of marketing, triggered and transactional campaigns to develop dynamic content and personalized communications based on user activity and recommendation engine
- Identify areas of optimization to develop and execute A/B and multivariate testing strategies
- Track and report on email analytics and conversion activities to evaluate email marketing strategy, including frequency, audience and content
- Collaborate with marketing team to communicate email strategies and performance across the organization
- Research the latest technical trends in email marketing and be an active contributor to email development best practices
Skills & Qualifications
- Proficiency with preferred ESP tools (Preferably SailThru, but other platform knowledge is acceptable. Will provide training on SailThru-specific code)
- Knowledge of typical email-rendering bugs and workarounds with experience testing and troubleshooting across multiple browsers, email clients and devices (with Litmus or similar QA program) to ensure consistent renderings
- Strong email-specific UI, UX and interaction design skills and established familiarity with capabilities and limitations of responsive email design
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office Suite, Filezilla and Google Analytics
- Excellent communication skills, especially the ability to clearly convey technical information and project statuses with business partners and team members
- Must work well under pressure with the ability to take initiative, be persistent, manage multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to shifting priorities
- Must have flexibility during peak workloads and be willing to work remotely after business hours and on weekends as needed
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(K) with match, disability and life insurance
- Minimum 15 days PTO plus 11 paid holidays
- Raise Gives Back - 8 paid hours allotted annually for volunteer opportunities
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Paid parental leave
- $5,000 adoption credit
- Breakfast and healthy snacks provided every day and catered lunch on Thursdays
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V