Active Directory Architect/Engineer
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Looking for a talented individual that can provide design, thought leadership and drive implementation of Active Directory based infrastructure architectures and services. This is a Technical role on a team with equally dedicated and passionate Identity and Directory Services Engineers.
- Designing large enterprise solutions using technical, application and business requirements.
- Resolve and conduct root cause analysis of system performance/failure issues.
- Responsible for the support and maintainability of AD on a day to day basis.
- Promote and demote domain controllers as required by datacenter migration activities.
- Expert customer facing to develop trusted advisor relationship with Technical Enterprise customers.
- Acts as the principal advisor to upper management in Cybersecurity matters. Ensures that security-improvement designs are evaluated, validated, and implemented as required. Certifies that protection and detection capabilities are acquired or developed, using the Cybersecurity engineering approach, and are consistent with organization-level cybersecurity architecture. Explores and assesses the latest technology trends, disruptions, and security/IT service business models to ensure Business Technology maintains and improves the organization’s cyber-competitive edge.
- Works closely with management to define and promote the strategic direction of the team. Provides strong leadership and direction to team members. Provides subject matter expertise across all Cybersecurity technologies. Oversees project implementation to ensure successful solution delivery.
- Researches, engineers, and integrates new Cybersecurity solutions. Applies service-oriented security architecture principles to meet the organization’s confidentiality, integrity, and availability requirements. Performs cyber defense incident triage, including determining scope, urgency, and potential impact, identifying the specific vulnerability. Makes recommendations that enable expeditious remediation.
- Creates and maintains Cybersecurity technology roadmap. Ensures compliance to audit, regulatory, and legal requirements. Builds and maintains effective relationships with peers and internal business partners, and external vendors. Enforces the engineering and architecture methodologies to be in compliance with technical aspects of security controls and standards, and pilots the implementation of prominent security solutions to improve the confidentiality, integrity, and/or availability of the firm’s intellectual property, systems, and applications.
- Transforms business requirements into technical specifications. Designs and develops system-security measures to ensure Cybersecurity is fully integrated. Validates current and future-state architectural models to assess impact across all Cybersecurity technology systems.
- On-call support during off-duty hours on weekdays, weekends and holidays on a scheduled/rotating basis.
Open to hiring ideal candidates at the following locations:
- Metro Chicago area (Riverwoods ,IL)
- Metro Chicago area (Rivernorth area, downtown Chicago)
- New Albany, OH
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- 6+ years of experience in Information Security, Application Security, Programming, DevOps, Cloud, Computer Science, Data Analytics, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security , Computer Science, Business Administration, Data Analytics, or related field
- At least 5 years design and architecture experience with a global 2012/2016 Active Directory infrastructure, at a senior level
- Knowledge of the internetworking of clients and Active Directory (name resolution, Kerberos \ NTLM Authentication, etc.)
- Proficiency in development of PowerShell scripts for automation of systems administration
- Knowledgeable in Secure communications, especially IPsec communications 3+ years PowerShell scripting experience.
- 2+ years experience with Active Directory Certificate Services
- Experience working with and implementing solutions leveraging Kerberos, LDAP, GPOs.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!