Agile Technology Engineer at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for providing Agile & DevOps coaching, training and guidance through hands-on pairing with engineers and Product Owners, Product Teams, and their associated Product Families, so that these product teams are increasingly equipped to build the right things (high valued work), build the things right (customer validated, high quality work), and will learn, through coaching best practices to build things fast (highly productive teams through the automation of software builds, agile practices, deployment, delivery, and business decision making).
- Provides and demonstrates best in class Agile & DevOps methods, practices & behaviors. Able to explain through demonstration (pairing), use empiricism for discussing process and practical improvements.sk, Regulatory/Compliance, Security, Legal, etc.) so that their objectives and concerns can be understood and automated as code or tests within the pipeline. Works with a team of engineers and product teams integrated in the Discover Technology Academy to build transformation plans and conduct an immersive engineering learning experience through a dojo framework
- Coaches, influences and guides engineers and product teams to embrace Agile & DevOps practices to transform the way they work. Mentors and inspires our team members by helping them to hone skills/expertise.
- Collaborates with our business partners to understand their business requirements and the architectural enablement necessary to deliver upon the business requirements. Innovates on best practices for our team and advocate for improved processes with our internal partners
- Keep up-to-date with new technology and agile trends and innovations. Frequently attends Industry Conferences and occasionally participate in panels to and lead “TED Talk” like forums.
- Bachelor Degree in Business or Information Technology
- 6 + years Agile, DevOps, Scrum, LeSS or related experience
- 6+ years Computer Science, Information Technology or related
- In lieu of education, 8+ years Agile, DevOps, Scrum, LeSS, or related experience
- In lieu of education, 8+ years Computer Science, Information Technology or related
#LI-MF1 #BI-REMOTE #Remote
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.