Android Developer at VillageMD
At VillageMD, we're looking for an Android Developer to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
As a member of our Mobile Development team at VillageMD, you will work towards a seamless, inspiring, and efficient patient experience for our primary care clinic brand, Village Medical. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to premier health systems, and all of the patients they serve. Our software aggregates, processes, and delivers rich datasets to improve the effectiveness of primary care for our doctors and patients.
How you can make a difference
- Invent applications to help enable behavior change for our patients to live a healthier life
- Evangelize the use of mobile to all of our product teams
- Bring design mock-ups to life and create attractive UI’s
- Perform peer code reviews and help us all get better
- Build an automated integration that responds to inbound emails and fires algorithms that send notifications to clinical staff
- Write a react app that visualizes the chronology of a patient’s clinical history
- Work with physicians to design the next generation of EMR interfaces
- Write a Python package to interact with our data platform
Skills for success
- A real passion for problem solving and learning new technology
- A sincere excitement to improve people's lives
- Vision to balance speed and maintainability in solution design
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- The ability to handle multiple, concurrent projects
- Excellent ability to create and implement requirements, keep projects on track, and engage partners
- Challenging the status quo to improve our processes and tools
- Communicate complex technical details in meaningful business context
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust by doing what you say you will do
Experience to drive change
- 5+ years of full-time experience
- 2+ years building Mobile applications in professional production environment
- 2+ years in Swift (SwiftUI experience is a plus)
- Solid background in utilizing and integrating 3rd party integrations and application libraries with strict security requirements
- Experience with Java or Python is appreciated (C# and Ruby is good too.
- Prior involvement in a project built in Angular, KnockoutJS, ReactJS or Vue
- AWS, Azure or GCP experience
- NodeJS and Webpack skills would be a plus
- Exposure to containers and container orchestrations would be desired
- Experience with clinical and financial healthcare data highly preferred
- Track record of successfully executing projects with multiple partners
- BS/MS in computer science, math, engineering, or other related fields
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.