Android Developer at Monument Labs
Who we are:
Let’s face it – we all have a photo mess! With photos and videos spread out across cell phones, hard drives, SD cards, and computers, it’s difficult to stay organized and backed up. Here at Monument, we’re solving this problem by creating a smart photo management platform that automatically centralizes content from iOS, Android, and Desktop devices. It’s our mission to help reduce the amount of time people spend organizing their content and to redirect that time to helping them create an immersive experience with their memories.
We recognize that photos and videos have the power to build relationships, communicate ideas, and inspire others to capture the world around them. With this in mind, our team is driven to create a cleaner and more meaningful experience after the shutter clicks.
Come join our close-knit team of passionate developers, designers, and operation specialists in our downtown co-working space from where we push code, break apps, eat snacks, and break more apps. Sometimes we succeed and don’t break apps (read: we break our keyboards instead).
We’re looking for an experienced iOS Developer to join our dev team. You will work directly with the founders, report to the CTO, and collaborate with other developers to deliver an amazing solution to our growing global user base.
As part of the development team, we’ll build and break code through weekly sprints. Our top goal is to balance a fast-paced release cycle with a passion for quality and performance.
- Implementing new features from start to finish, troubleshooting bugs when they arise, and improving the performance of our Android app
- Contributing to design process of new features to our technology, algorithms, and products
- Collaborating with the Android team and product manager to complete user stories and ensure customer needs are met
- Help improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation, and conducting code reviews
- Work with the customer success team to build a multi-faceted user database
- Ability to work on-site in our Chicago, IL office on a full-time basis
- Understand the end-to-end delivery of software to users
- Very solid understanding of Java fundamentals and data structures
- Competent with industry standard libraries such as Retrofit and Glide
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience with Realm is a huge plus
- Experience with testing frameworks
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Contribute to the growth of an early-stage startup
- Opportunity to make an imprint on company culture
- Downtown Chicago office in an exclusive startup incubator
- Gym on-site to get your sweat on
- Ping pong table, game consoles, weekly events and Friday happy hour
- Competitive salary and stock options