Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending tens of millions of fans to live events. Experiences Matter- which is why we continue to grow year over year. Working at Vivid Seats provides an opportunity to scale our best in class platform, allowing our fans to sit closer and see more.
At Vivid Seats, you will have the opportunity to work with the flexibility and speed of a startup; while operating at massive, profitable scale. We keep our teams lean, allowing each and every employee direct accountability to creating a positive ticket buying experience. We are relentless and move quickly to release new features and content to our applications. Good ideas are heard and implemented, and hard work rewarded. Being a part of our team means having the ability to drive impact and own the innovation that connects our tens of millions of unique monthly users to the memorable experiences that only live events create.
As an Android Engineer you will architect, develop, and maintain the award winning Vivid Seats Android App. You'll research and incorporate modern best architectural standards, refactor our code base, and scale the consumer facing Vivid Seats app that has over 1 million downloads.
Our team writes new features and tests in Kotlin, utilizes Redux methodologies for uniform flow, and leverages Room as a Sqlite DB wrapper. Our mobile engineers collaborate with our Product, Quality and Design Teams to select technology, optimize our current experience, and implement product differentiators to improve the experience for our users. We've built lean and empowered teams to look critically at our apps, innovate, and drive new solutions forward. Our delivery teams work together- standardizing the way we write code across platforms and providing ownership that extends beyond individual teams.
This is an opportunity to have a huge impact on the evolution of the Vivid Seats Android App. Our development teams are committed to good design patterns, testable code, innovation, and always putting our customers first. Excited? Us too!
To be successful, you'll need
- A proven career developing mobile apps for Android (Java or Kotlin)
- Strong knowledge of consuming REST APIs and backend services
- Passion for mobile platforms and keeping up with the latest technologies, usability, and user experiences
- Familiarity with agile development cycles, rapid prototyping, and A/B Testing
- Proficient in SQL, knowledge of NoSQL and real-time data pipelines
- Ability to learn and share new technologies with enthusiasm and a high degree of efficiency
- Desire to work autonomously in an independent and small team environment
- Experience building APIs and implementing new technologies such as React Native, Dagger, or Room is a plus
- Creativity, fearlessness and an unwavering commitment to putting our customer first
What We Offer
We are passionate about creating memorable experiences for our fans… and the best in class experience for our employees. Vivid Seats offers competitive compensation levels, individual and team-based bonus opportunities, generous benefits package and Flex PTO policy plus a variety of workplace perks. The most exciting one: We offer our employees $100 worth of credits each month to spend on Vivid Seats tickets along with promotional discounts. At the heart of it, we are all fans of great live events. We want to help you get there more often.
111 N Canal Suite #800
Chicago, IL 60606