Application Architect at Morningstar
Morningstar brings inspired problem solvers together with one goal in mind—to help investors reach their financial goals. At our core, we’re one of the world’s top investment research and data companies. But where we set ourselves apart is how we use that data and research to serve a diverse range of users. Our investment data and research enable us to deliver analytics and insights with a purely independent view, and then we leverage the latest in technology and design to deliver an array of solutions that best meet our users’ needs. This foundation of research, data, technology and design uniquely positions us to provide a more complete set of services to investors all around the world—ultimately helping people make better decisions about their money, or the money they manage for millions of people all over the world.
We’re looking for an exceptional Application Architect who does not shy away from challenges. You are out there somewhere! Your work will be directly responsible for helping millions of people live a better financial life. We’re a fun and dynamic company, with a team of people who work together on everything from the latest web technologies to cutting edge mobile software. If you join our team, you’ll work in our agile technology organizations, contributing your expertise to all aspects of our product line.
- Provide holistic oversight of platform architecture
- Understand all the components of the platform and interactions/interfaces with other products
- Advocate/enforce best practices for performance, reliability, scalability, security, and reusability
- Work with central IT teams to ensure application dependencies are modern and meet shared standards.
- Provide technical guidance to harmonize and ensure the consistency of all engineering efforts for the product
- Facilitate discussions and resolve conflicts around technical approaches, designs, and issues
- Research technical solutions and work with engineering leads to identify the best approach when designing for new product capabilities
- 8+ years experience developing high-quality commercial-grade Web and mobile software applications
- Deep knowledge of all layers/components of an application technology stack
- Experience managing architectural evolution within agile development teams
- Familiarity with the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) secure coding practices
- Advanced knowledge of web technologies and protocols
- Advanced knowledge of Amazon Cloud Services and modern Cloud based architectures
- Deep understanding of performance, reliability, scalability, security, and reusability tactics and strategies
- Passionate about building software users love and learning about new and innovative ways to make it even better
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.