Application Developer - Pricing and Risk Systems at OCC
The Application Developer works with business analysts, team leads and development team. Also, a major contributor in developing scalable and resilient hybrid and Cloud-based data solutions supporting critical financial market clearing and risk activities; collaborate with developers, architects and product owners to drive the strategy of transforming the enterprise into a data-driven organization. The Application Developer will be a team player and work well with business, technical and non-technical professionals in a project environment.
- Actively participates in requirement understanding, reviews to identify missing or incomplete requirements. Must always look for assumptions made in the models and must always validate those assumptions of the models.
- Actively participates in design of highly performing, scalable, secure, reliable and cost optimized solutions.
- Primarily responsibility is application design and development of big data application for business requirements in agreed architecture framework and Agile environment
- Thoroughly analyzes requirements, develops, tests, and documents software quality to ensure proper implementation.
- Follows agreed upon SDLC procedures to ensure that all information system products and services meet: both explicit and implicit quality standards, end-user functional requirements, architectural standards, performance requirements, audit requirements, security rules are upheld, and external facing reporting is properly represented.
- Performs application and project risk analysis and recommends quality improvements.
- Assists Production Support by providing advice on system functionality and fixes as required
- Communicates in a clear and concise manner all time delays or defects in the software immediately to appropriate team members and management
- Assist with departmental and new employee training
- Experience integrating modelling libraries or risk analytics technology solutions a plus
- 2+ year of experience in building large scale, data-centric solutions.
- Java experience required. Python preferred.
- Experience with high speed distributed computing frameworks AWS EMR, Hadoop, HDFS, S3, MapReduce, Apache Spark, Apache Hive, Kafka Streams, Apache Flink etc.
- Experience with distributed message brokers Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Amazon Kinesis, etc.
- Experience with cloud technologies and migrations. Experience preferred with AWS foundational services like VPCs, Security groups, EC2, RDS, S3 ACLs, KMS, AWS CLI and IAM etc.
- Experience with Big Data architectures and BI solutions a plus
- Working knowledge of DevOps tools. Eg Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Maven/Gradle, Nexus/Artifactory and CI/CD pipeline etc.
- Experience developing and delivering technical solutions using public cloud service providers like Amazon, Google, etc.
- Degree in computer science or engineering preferred.
Fundamental understanding of web protocols HTTP 2, TLS 1.2, WebSocket, MQTT etc.
Fundamental understanding of modern API technologies such OIC, OAuth, HTTP, REST & gRPC etc.
Experience in technical support and quality
Education and/or Experience:
BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field or equivalent experience
Certificates or Licenses:
OCP Java SE 8 Programmer Certification is a plus
AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate Level is a plus
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.