Role: Application Engineer
Level: Entry & Mid-Level
Location: West Loop, Chicago, IL
Reports to: Head of Application Engineering
Fast Radius is the leading software-enhanced, industrial-grade, 3D printing manufacturer. Our strategic partnership with UPS allows us to offer turnaround as quickly as same-day. From functional prototypes to real engineered parts produced in the tens of thousands, Fast Radius guarantees quality with the fastest delivery times in the industry.
Familiar global corporations and new innovators are choosing Fast Radius to deliver on the promise of on-demand manufacturing, reduce upfront production costs, accelerate product development and make the once unthinkable goal of ‘zero inventory’ a reality.
In addition to UPS, Fast Radius is backed by some of the leading investment firms in the US, including Drive Capital, Jump Capital, Hyde Park Venture Partners and others.
What we’re looking for:
An Engineering athlete. Someone who has driven product design, industrial design, and application engineering projects. Someone who has taken physical products from concept to market. The Application Engineer will work with our clients throughout the product development and execution life cycle, including: concept development; product design; product architecture and systems design; design for manufacturing; production scale up; and order fulfillment. The Application Engineer will responsible for mechanical engineering and industrial design of products that take advantage of additive manufacturing.
- Managing product development throughout its lifecycle
- Own client engineering relationship
- Stay up to date on latest additive manufacturing technologies including design software, manufacturing equipment, and materials
- Collaborate internally with sales and manufacturing to ensure project success
- Provide feedback on customer designs, including manufacturability and design for additive manufacturing
- Excited and ready to travel to customer sites (up to 50%)
- Between 2-10 years experience (multiple roles open at various levels within the team)
- Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering or related field from top-tier institution (Masters degree a plus)
- Prior 3D printing or manufacturing experience/knowledge (a plus but not required)
- Smart, forward-thinkers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Appreciation for building and working with materials hands on (required)
- Detail oriented and interested in learning more about new manufacturing technologies
- Willingness to dive in for the entire process – from product concept to final part inspection and delivery
- Flexible timing and able to work independently
- Thrives in a fast pace and adaptable environment
What we will provide you:
- Competitive compensation + bonus structure + equity opportunities
- Comprehensive medical benefits, a excellent vacation policy and office holidays
- A fun environment to collaborate with like-minded professionals