Application Engineering Support - Entry Level (US Remote) at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewThis group is responsible for Hydra Stratus Application, Resource Development Engineering.
Candidate should have experience in electrical engineering or applications and the ability to work with engineering teams with a desire to grow into Hydra Stratus Application support. Engineer will work to support RF Engineers and will need to analyze information in the context of applications. This role will train on Hydra Straus application, testing, requirement gathering, and Hydra Stratus engineering support.
- Answer Hydra Stratus user questions
- Develop and deliver Hydra Training
- Work closely with the Hydra Product Manager to assist in gathering, describing and prioritizing new Hydra features
- Process reported defects
- Test changes prior to release
- Announce releases
- This person will work daily with software developers and another Hydra Support team member across multiple time zones from Poland to the West Coast
- Understanding of applications and knowledgeable in the principals of RF Engineering or RF Models
- Some understanding and interest in software development or script writing is a plus
- A successful candidate will have a strong desire to help others and a willingness to learn
Candidate may reside anywhere in the US with access to major airport for any necessary travel - 10% travel may be required
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, RF Engineering, Systems Engineering, or similar engineering field and 0+ years of experience
- OR 2+ years of experience in Hydra Stratus Engineering
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely is required. Employer work permit sponsorship is not available for this position.
Motorola Solutions is a U.S. Federal contractor and must comply with the recent U.S. Government Executive Order requiring that Federal contractors ensure that their U.S. employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 4, 2022. Accordingly, Motorola Solutions requires all US employees, even those working from home, to be fully vaccinated unless entitled to a reasonable accommodation based on a qualified medical condition or religious belief.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a qualified medical condition or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation prior to moving forward with the recruitment process. As a part of this process you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, an offer for employment will not be made.
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.