Application Security Engineer
ActiveCampaign is one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago revolutionizing marketing automation. Our software allows all of our users, the power to make smarter business decisions based on data-driven analytics.
We are currently seeking a Application Security Engineer to join our team. The Application Security Engineer will be responsible for developing solutions to mitigate security vulnerabilities and improve our security incident detection and response capabilities. The ideal candidate has an understanding of the security landscape, with a background in application security, secure coding practices, and process documentation. If this sounds like you and your next career move, then we would love to hear from you.
What Your Day Could Consist of:
- Create new ways to solve existing production security issues
- Configure and install firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- Perform vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments
- Develop automation scripts to handle and track incidents
- Investigate intrusion incidents, conduct forensic investigations and mount incident responses
- Collaborate with colleagues on authentication, authorization and encryption solutions
- Evaluate new technologies and processes that enhance security capabilities
- Test security solutions using industry standard analysis criteria
- Deliver technical reports and formal papers on test findings
- Respond to information security issues during each stage of a project lifecycle
- Supervise changes in software, hardware, facilities, telecommunications and user needs from a security perspective
- Analyze and advise on new security technologies and program conformance
What You Need:
- 5+ years work experience in Information Security
- Experience detecting and responding to security incidents
- Experience implementing complete solutions and documenting security policies
- Experience with risk assessment, threat intelligence, security engineering and cloud security
- Experience planning, researching and developing security policies, standards and procedures
- Ability to communicate network security issues with peers and management
We continually invest in our employees and offer comprehensive benefits including 100% coverage of your medical premiums and 50% for dependents, open vacation policy, fully paid maternity and paternity leave, 401k matching, catered lunches every day in a kitchen stocked with snacks and fresh fruit, free CTA or Metra passes, and a DIVVY bike membership (to name a few).
At ActiveCampaign, we are committed to maintaining a culture that is inclusive and diverse. Our colleagues foster an environment that is warm, supportive, and helpful where we treat each other exceptionally well. We are looking to add curious, driven, and creative individuals to our team who are ready to grow with us!
Read Full Job Description