Application Security Engineer
ActiveCampaign is the marketing automation leader for small and mid sized businesses (SMB's) around the globe. Through a sophisticated yet easy-to-use platform and tools, we allow our customers to make meaningful connections to their customers. Often, we are the center of our customer's marketing strategies and critical to their success and future.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 70,000 today to millions.
We are currently seeking a Application Security Engineer to join our team. The Application Security Engineer will be responsible for developing solutions to mitigate security vulnerabilities and improve our security incident detection and response capabilities. The ideal candidate has an understanding of the security landscape, with a background in application security, secure coding practices, and process documentation. If this sounds like you and your next career move, then we would love to hear from you.
What Your Day Could Consist of:
- Create new ways to solve existing production security issues
- Configure and install firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- Perform vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments
- Develop automation scripts to handle and track incidents
- Investigate intrusion incidents, conduct forensic investigations and mount incident responses
- Collaborate with colleagues on authentication, authorization and encryption solutions
- Evaluate new technologies and processes that enhance security capabilities
- Test security solutions using industry standard analysis criteria
- Deliver technical reports and formal papers on test findings
- Respond to information security issues during each stage of a project lifecycle
- Supervise changes in software, hardware, facilities, telecommunications and user needs from a security perspective
- Analyze and advise on new security technologies and program conformance
What You Need:
- 5+ years work experience in Information Security
- Experience detecting and responding to security incidents
- Experience implementing complete solutions and documenting security policies
- Experience with risk assessment, threat intelligence, security engineering and cloud security
- Experience planning, researching and developing security policies, standards and procedures
- Ability to communicate network security issues with peers and management
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and welfare benefits including no premiums for employees, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Read Full Job Description