Avant is a high growth financial technology company, dedicated to lowering the barriers of borrowing for all consumers. Since 2012, Avant has secured more than $4 billion in funding and connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. Through big data and machine learning, Avant’s mission is to provide better access to responsible financial products. Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com, for more information.
Seeking a technical security individual with experience with one or more of the following areas, development, scripting, penetration testing or vulnerability assessments. The application security analyst will help drive the Secure Software Development Lifecycle process at Avant by performing vulnerability assessments, report findings, and coordinate remediation efforts.
What you do at Avant
- Conducting vulnerability assessments against web applications and APIs utilizing automated tooling and manual approaches.
- Developing and maintaining the application security program based upon industry best standards.
- Providing remediation guidance of discovered vulnerabilities and drive to closure.
- Integrating security into the software development lifecycle (SDLC) including road mapping security enhancements and performing source code reviews
- Automating recurring task via programming/scripting.
- Reviewing application designs to ensure the sound security engineering principles.
Why you are a fit at Avant
- 3+ years in application development or security.
- Strong understanding of OWASP top 10.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with application vulnerability discovery tooling.
- Understanding of object oriented programming language.
- Hands-on experience with security tooling to perform vulnerability assessments.
- Security related certifications are a bonus.
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.