Application Security Engineer at Venmo
Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the intimidating barriers around financial transactions to make them intuitive, friendly, and even fun. And it worked: people love sending money with Venmo, and we’re growing by leaps and bounds!
But we’re only just getting started. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place where people use money. That means connecting people to their money in the most intuitive and fun way possible, then connecting people with each other. Users already love Venmo, but we know there are lots of things we haven’t thought of to make the experience of using Venmo even more delightful and valuable. All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together!
Information Security at Venmo
Join a highly proficient team of Security Engineers working to make Venmo more secure. Drive the building and adoption of new security tools and technologies while supporting day to day security activities from vulnerability remediation to incident handling to alerting and monitoring. Come join a team driven to improve the Venmo security posture through better tooling and analytics
Application Security Engineer
As an Application Security Engineer, you will be a pivotal in driving secure code efforts including code reviews, project security reviews, penetration testing support and application scanning processes. You will be in the thick of it daily, driving bug remediation, meeting with project teams to identify and secure changes in new functionality and stay on the forefront of bug identification and patching. You will partner with your fellow security engineers to keep Venmo secure while helping us grow!
What You’ll Do
- Support code reviews across all code platforms
- Manage security integration into the SDLC process at Venmo
- Help evolve Venmo’s application security functions and services
- Responsible for bug intake and remediation process for Venmo
- Responsible for leading the remediation of application vulnerability scanning and penetration testing
- Manage integration with Static Code Analysis and Dynamic Code Analysis tools
- Identify security exposures and develop mitigation plans
- Identify, report and fix technical debt.
- Perform leadership functions in support of the InfoSec Team Manager
- Assist Manager of Information Security on all application security activities
- Become a representative for the Venmo Information Security program
- Be productive and participate in security initiatives with minimal supervision.
- Becomes a subject matter expert for security solutions within the Venmo platform.
- Be able to act as a mentor for junior security engineers
- Use the tools and technologies used throughout PayPal and Venmo InfoSec.
- Own and document medium/large epics and follow through until completion.
- Present security solutions to a larger Venmo audience.
- Troubleshoot production issues and performance bottlenecks.
- Follow Security best practices.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams (Engineering, DevOps, Product) while carrying out day-to-day tasks.
- Participate in requirement gathering with Product/PS.
- Collaborate with cross Business Unit teams (Xoom, Braintree, In Store. PP InfoSec) on implementing standardized security solutions and integrations.
- Participate in inner sourcing initiatives within PayPal.
What We’re Looking For
- Strong experience with mobile application security
- Strong experience in distributed platform development and design
- Strong foundation in core information security principles and goals.
- Proven expertise in enterprise security solutions.
- Knowledge on common and emerging security threats.
- In-depth knowledge of security best practices.
- Ability to assist in leading the InfoSec team
- Exceptional analytical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Ability to lead and project manage multiple security initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to explain complex security topics in simple language
- Ability to work with Senior Leadership.
- Fast learner / A strong willingness to learn.
- Good team player who is self-motivated and well organized.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.