Applications Scientist at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for an Applications Scientist to be a part of our process engineering team.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide primary scientific, technical, and applications support for the clinical next generation sequencing (NGS) laboratory
- Assist with troubleshooting and deliver exceptional technical support
- Diagnose mechanical, hardware, software and system failure, using advanced knowledge, experience and skills
- Maintain expert-level knowledge of all procedures in the NGS laboratory
- Provide additional application training to Clinical Molecular Technologists and other laboratory staff
- Provide management with updates on applications support, key metrics, issues, and risks
- Provide analyses, feedback and recommendations regarding assay and equipment performance
- Investigate non-conformances through RCA and DMAIC, perform/recommend corrective and preventive actions
- Identify applications that are error-prone and research innovative approaches for practical prevention
- Liaise with Quality Assurance, Process Engineering, Automation, and Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) departments as technical applications expert
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree required (PhD strongly preferred)
- Strong background in molecular biology, genetics, genomics and bioinformatics
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience with qPCR , NGS, and automated liquid handlers
- Able to develop in-depth technical related troubleshooting skills; exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- Good written and verbal communication in English, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Highly organized and systematic, superb attention to detail and ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Willingness to accommodate flexible schedules as needed