Architect for MarTech Tools (Campaign Management, Customer Data Platform, and Customer Relationship)
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Join the Customer Campaign Management team and be the Value Stream Architect (VSA). We are looking to modernize our Campaign Management platform and envision our ecosystem will be comprised of third party MarTech tools and proprietary java applications, which will integrate into our new Marketing Analytics data store. We are also looking to stand up Customer Data Platform and Customer Relationship Management platforms in the coming year. We are looking for a talented VSA to lead the efforts in defining a strategic roadmap, selecting tools, designing proprietary components, and mentoring junior developers.
At the same time, the candidate will be involved and working with our Agile delivery teams. This includes Product Managers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Security, Data Analytics, and Infrastructure teams to identify technical and functional system needs. The candidate must be capable of demonstrating advanced and strong Thought and Results Leadership skills, with a view that supports the vision and mission of our team, department, and company.
- Delivers technology solutions that support our business goals.
- Partner with Product Managers to build the strategic roadmap/product vision.
- Break down a product vision into workable technical solutions, leading all design efforts.
- Provide strong technical leadership and direction within the team, ensuring junior members are following best practices.
- Enhances Operating Model by demonstrating a high level of initiative, ability to work with all levels of management and within a Scrum team as a senior technical leader/developer.
- Assists with the growth of others on the team within a challenging environment while promoting DFS cultural behaviors and technical proficiencies based on our latest standards and strategies.
- Actively contributes to the department’s developer community to support technical initiatives and provides input into best practices.
- Maintains highly available systems.
- Ensures all projects and releases are appropriately tested and risks are mitigated.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related technical field
- 8+ years of experience in relevant technical expertise
- In lieu of education, 10+ years of experience in Software Development or related field
It would be great if you have:
- Experience with MarTech stack tools and the integration of these tools
- Experience with Unica and/or Adobe Campaign or similar tools
- Experience with Customer Data tools and Customer Relationship Management tools
- Experience design and implementing java application and data warehousing technologies
- Technical experience with:
- Designing APIs
- Spring (Core, Spring Integration, Spring Boot, Spring Batch)
- JSON/XML processing and validation
- CI with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Gradle, Nexus
- Data Technologies: Teradata, Oracle, SAS, SQL
- Cloud/PaaS Architectures: Cloud Foundry(PCF), AWS, Snowflake
- Leadership skills:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong collaboration skills, responsive to service needs
- Passion for learning
- Strong collaborator
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.