Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
Our engineers are fueled by a passion to impact the future of mobility. They push the boundaries of telematics and transportation tech by creating and supporting cutting-edge products. As part of an Agile team, they are armed with the freedom to innovate and the opportunity to see projects through from start to finish. Using a variety of languages and a top-notch technology stack, our engineers make critical advances in areas like sensor technology, enterprise engineering and platform development. Our team understands what it means to collaborate and communicate in an interconnected gobal team, all while having trust, transparency and empathy for the end user. Which is pretty cool, if you ask us.
At Arity, we are utilizing cutting edge technologies (AWS, Cassandra, NiFi, Flink, Kafka, etc.) to create and deliver amazing capabilities and products. We are searching for a cloud engineer who can help design, implement, and deploy our next generation analytics platform and to help us utilize our platform to deliver innovative products and solutions.
- Engineer highly available and scalable systems on AWS utilizing Arity’s next generation analytics platform.
- Passionate about technology, software, and the Internet of Things.
- Drive solutions and best practices by mentoring fellow architects and engineers.
- Lead the hands-on technical delivery of new services and capabilities within our analytics platform.
- Hands-on experience with cloud solutions at massive scale and resiliency
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Math background preferred
- 3-5 years of software engineering and architect experience. 8-12 years preferred
- AWS Certification is i preferred; AWS Solutions Architect, AWS SysOps Administrator, AWS Developer.
- Deep experience with Infrastructure as Code tools like Terraform and Cloud Formation and configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or Bosh.
- Experience with infrastructure programming languages like Phython or Go.
- Solid understanding of security and compliance frameworks within a public cloud framework.
- Experience with infrastructure concepts such as network, compute, and storage.
- Familiar with continuous deployment methodology and common DevOps tools like Git and Jenkins.
- Deep understanding of cloud architectures and operations, security, automation and orchestration
- Experience deploying applications on AWS utilizing SQL and NoSQL data layer technologies.
- Experience migrating applications from traditional data center infrastructures to hybrid or fully-cloud based environments.
- Experience with Data Lake and Data Streaming tools like Cassandra, Kafka, Flink, NiFi, and Hadoop.
- Familiar with high-availability (HA) and failover implementations for network infrastructure and server systems
- A proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale projects.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to work independently or within a team
- Organized, responsive and highly thorough problem solver
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts and brain breaks. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
The salary range for this level position is $81,900 - $148,600. The salary offered is commensurate with experience.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment