Arity Sales Engineer - Connected Car Telematics
Arity is a technology company founded by The Allstate Corporation focused on making transportation safer, smarter and more useful for everyone. We collect and analyze massive amounts of data to help our partners better predict risk and understand how people move. The Arity Platform is built on billions of miles of historical driving data with more than one million active telematics connections and 10+ years of data directly from cars.
Arity has an exciting opportunity within our Connected Car Telematics area. Due to our success and fast growth, we are looking to expand and add a Sales Engineer to our team. This role is responsible for explaining our technology to potential and existing customers. This includes onboarding developers to our vehicle telematics platform; the coding\development of tools that demonstrate our RESTful APIs for Driving Behavior and Shared Mobility; pre-sales support of external developers who are integrating our mobile telematics SDK and APIs. You will also be supporting our sales and marketing efforts at conferences as well as hack-a- thons. As an ideal candidate, you have basic familiarity with iOS and Android mobile development. You are comfortable interacting with our RESTful Web Services, which are documented at http://developer.arity.com. Your communication and presentation skills are very strong, regardless of the audience.
Your duties will include:
- Helping potential customers gain a technical understanding of our mobile SDK and telematics platform APIs
- Working with clients to troubleshoot mobile app development while implementing our technology
- Logging your activities in a Custom Relationship Management tool such as Salesforce
- Collaborating with the Product team in order to understand the implementation of their APIs
- Working with leaders to ensure the needs of our customers are clearly understood
- The development of sample mobile apps that help illustrate the proper implementation of our vehicle telematics SDK
- Occasionally traveling to support sales presentations from a technical perspective
- Being able to discuss and elaborate on our quality assurance and software testing procedures
- Becoming a subject matter expert on mobile telematics implementation to monitor driving behavior
- Degree in computer science, or relevant work experience in computer science
- Experience in using APIs in both web apps, as well as mobile applications
- Ability to express complex technical concepts in easy to understand language
- Experience in working with debugging tools like Postman for mocking API calls
- Ability to understand and manipulate native mobile code that has been written in languages such as Java, Objective C, or Swift
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex JSON data objects
- Can demonstrate good presentation and communication skills
- A desire to make transportation safer, smarter, and more efficient for everyone
Good to have:
- Knowledge of IoT and sensor data ingestion and processing techniques
- Knowledge of the ride-share and/or car-share economy
- Experience working in a customer support role
- Experience submitting mobile apps to the Apple and Google app stores
- Working knowledge of hybrid mobile technologies such as React Native or Ionic
- Experience presenting at user groups, conferences, and/or sales pitches
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Heads up: when you click “apply now” you’ll be directed to the Allstate careers site. You’re still looking at an Arity job, but because we were founded by Allstate, we share the same application system.