Arity-Senior Manager Software Engineering (Remote-Home Based Worker) at Arity
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
Our engineers are fueled by a passion to impact the future of mobility. They push the boundaries of telematics and transportation tech by creating and supporting cutting-edge products. As part of an Agile team, they are armed with the freedom to innovate and the opportunity to see projects through from start to finish. Using a variety of languages and a top-notch technology stack, our engineers make critical advances in areas like sensor technology, enterprise engineering and platform development. Our team understands what it means to collaborate and communicate in an interconnected global team, all while having trust, transparency and empathy for the end user. Which is pretty cool, if you ask us.
In this role, you will serve as the Engineering Leader in the Core Services business segment. This segment is responsible for the processing of Arity’s telematics data. This is a cross-functional team made up of leaders from Product Development, Data Science, and Project Management. The segment is responsible for helping the development teams achieve their goals. In addition, you will work with these leaders to define the roadmaps and KPIs for the segment.
- Builds long-term relationships within team and amongst peers by creating an environment of safety and innovation
- Champions open and honest communication
- Respects confidentiality
- Leads by example with integrity
- Welcomes new ideas, learns from successes and failures
- Models and creates an environment of accountability for direct reports and peers
- Establishes vision, direction, and specific objectives for team efforts; allows freedom to accomplish objectives
- Collects staff performance data against desired outcomes and service level agreements
- Executes HR-related processes and develops staff through coaching and mentoring and providing specific, timely, open, honest, and constructive performance feedback.
- Leads employees and influences peers through change by using one’s self as an example.
- Sets and executes team strategy, including objectives, plans and policies for area of responsibility to develop and deliver innovative solutions and systems in support of Enterprise goals. Communicates strategy to the team so they understand their role in achieving the established goals.
- Participate in product scoping, discovery and framing, and inceptions providing technical input and helps translate user features into system design
- Leads and participates in inceptions and iteration planning meetings, infusing backlogs with technical input working in close partnership with the product manager
- Leads and participates in daily site, cross-site, and product team standups
- Leads and participates in retrospectives; demonstrating and encouraging each participant to provide feedback with empathy
- Leads the effort of shaping the architecture and design of the product
- Leads collaboration and strategy alignment across product portfolios (cross-product) in partnership with product managers, other peers and key stakeholders
- Serves as an expert on multiple business domain and a distinguished advocate of multiple technology stacks and shares that knowledge across organizations
- Serves as the anchor of the team and practices technical leadership; helping guide the team in choosing the right technology, solving technical problems, and resolving any technical conflicts within the team
- Establishes continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment pipelines and practices
- A college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field, including a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- 7+ years of developing and implementing systems at scale
- 5+ years people or technical leadership or equivalent experience leading a team
- Strong understanding of computer science concepts, object-oriented design principles
- Strong understanding of distributed systems, operating systems, networking, databases, security, and analytics
- Hands on experience and accountability architecting, designing, implementing and delivering large scale distributed systems and/or applications for the cloud, including microservices architectures.
- Experience developing software in different programming languages and demonstrated ability to quickly learn new languages.
- Experience in backend development design and implementation; database (relational, NoSQL, caching), messaging and big data development, implementation and optimization
- Actual experience developing continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous deployment pipelines for distributed apps
- Knowledge and advanced experience using distributed version control systems (git), artifact management systems, build and packaging systems (maven, gradle, npm, artifactory, etc…) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, TravisCI, Concourse, Bamboo, GoCD).
- Knowledge and experience on approaches and tools for automated testing and monitoring
- Experience in Test Driven Development; including knowledge and experience in testing frameworks like junit, mockito, jasmine, protractor, cucumber, and other like technologies
- Able to lead agile teams and lead collaboration across teams; serving as an anchor or technical lead for complex distributed systems spanning multiple apps, services, APIs, and datastores
- Actual experience and familiarity with open source software
- Able to learn new technologies, and teach other members of the team/s
- Able to work effectively across organizational and geographical boundaries
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts and brain breaks. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
The salary for this level position is $112,800 - $196,800. The salary offered is commensurate with experience.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment