Arity-Software Engineer (Remote) at Arity
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Software Engineers work as part of agile teams who own the inception, development and full lifecycle of digital products. The team practices methodologies and adheres to principles put forth by the lean startup and lean enterprise movements. The team puts the system user at the center of everything they do; ensuring that users receive the most value out of the products being developed.
The Software Engineers architect and design their own systems to deliver their products using modern tools, technologies, frameworks, and systems. They develop test driven code all day and every day. They are highly focused on test driven development, continuous delivery and innovation. They own and manage running their application in production, and ultimately becomes accountable for the success of their digital products through achieving the KPIs.
The Software Engineer Consultant serves as a member of a product team. They practice and are the champions of the agile methodology and a product mindset within each product team. Software Engineer Consultant implements applications following 12-factor principles to build out the product and iterative enhancements. He/she owns the full stack of software products; developing and implementing frontends (web or mobile), and backend services. He/she leverages test driven development and continuous integration to ensure agility and quality of products. He/she actively participates in the decision-making process of the team ensuring that the simplest appropriate technology and design is chosen to meet user needs.
- Participates in iteration planning meetings ensuring that the team has a common understanding of each story and chores in a team’s backlog
- Participates in daily site, cross-site, and product team standups
- Participates in retrospectives to gather feedback and derive actionable items to improve the team and the product
- Participate in executing the strategy, keeping the customer needs and wants in mind
- Collaborates within the team in designing systems and apps
- Practices daily paired programming and test-driven development in writing software and building products
- Establishes continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment pipelines and practices
- Provides support for software products in user environments
- Participates in knowledge sharing, and contributes to the overall growth of the collective knowledge of the team.
- A college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field, including a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Strong understanding of computer science concepts, object oriented design principles
- Experience in backend development design and implementation; database (relational, NoSQL, caching), messaging and big data development, implementation and optimization
- Knowledge and experience on approaches and tools for automated testing and monitoring
- Able to learn new technologies, and teach other members of the team/s
Level Guide: Please refer to the Allstate Level Guide on MyHR Knowledge
Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts and brain breaks. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
The salary range for this level position is $80,000 - $113,500. The salary offered is commensurate with experience.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment