Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
Our engineers are fueled by a passion to impact the future of mobility. They push the boundaries of telematics and transportation tech by creating and supporting cutting-edge products. As part of an Agile team, they are armed with the freedom to innovate and the opportunity to see projects through from start to finish. Using a variety of languages and a top-notch technology stack, our engineers make critical advances in areas like sensor technology, enterprise engineering and platform development. Our team understands what it means to collaborate and communicate in an interconnected gobal team, all while having trust, transparency and empathy for the end user. Which is pretty cool, if you ask us.
The DevOps Team enables our product teams to focus on delivering business value faster and more reliably. It does this by providing common applications and tools that our engineering teams use to build, test and release their software.
We are searching for an Automation Engineer who can help our engineers and developers deliver business value faster and more reliably. This role will focus on building common tools and increase automation for those tools that our engineers use to build, test, and release software.
- Engineer the tools our developers will use to deliver applications to production.
- Automate steps of our deployment process with the goal of increasing quality.
- Develop highly complex CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, Git, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry) that interact with multiple downstream systems and workflows
- Secure applications by automating scanning and updates
- Passionate about technology, software, and the Internet of Things.
- Drive solutions and best practices by mentoring fellow engineers.
- Lead the hands-on technical delivery of new services and capabilities
- Experience utilizing open source libraries and re-usable components; and Understanding of Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous integration and deployment such as Jenkins, Concourse CI and/or Gradle; and
- Experience with CI/CD platforms such as Fastlane or Jenkins and source repositories such as GitHub.
- Experience setting up rules for linters such as Swiftlint and Android Lint
- Experience creating webhooks for notifications of CI/CD events in collaboration suites/tools such as Teams, Slack, and Outlook
- Experience creating secure automation scripts and solutions in public clouds
- Experience setting up compliance orchestration tools for CI/CD such Compliance Buddy; and
- Experience setting up dashboards and integrating with security and code scanning tools such as NowSecure, Fortify, and SonarQube
- Strong knowledge of design patterns and automated testing patterns
- Experience with delivering using Agile methodology practices
- Experience with cloud technologies like AWS, Azure, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Experience with API gateways such as APIGEE, Mulesoft, or AWS API Gateway
- Experience with monitoring, logging, and alerting platforms such as DataDog, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK and PagerDuty
- Knowledge of security (risks and threats, authentication, authorization, certificates, encryption) Familiarity with Agile backlog management tools such as Atlassian’s JIRA / Confluence, Pivotal Tracker, TFS
- Experience in mobile application development and publishing – IOS or Android
- Experience in setting up, developing, and maintaining artifact repositories such as Artifactory or Nexus; and
- Experience integrating CI/CD deployments with application hosting repositories such as AppCenter and TestFlight; and
- Strong knowledge of mobile package managers such as Cocoapods, Carthage, Swift Package Manager, and Maven
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts and brain breaks. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
The salary range for this level position is $96,500 - $174,600. The salary offered is commensurate with experience.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment