AR/VR Developer I
The AR/VR Developer I will join the Enduvo Engineering Team and take part in creating world class AR/VR capabilities for our training and educational platform. This Developer will work closely with the development team, product team, development partners, instructional designers, and key stakeholders.
The AR/VR Developer I will support the development of Enduvo’s AR/VR authoring platform and be challenged to build lasting, scalable solutions for our customers. They will be responsible for designing and implementing features for both web, desktop and mobile applications.
You Take Ownership of:
- Developing optimized software systems for AR/VR training, from concept through design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance across various platforms
- Writing clear and performance-minded code and maintaining technical design and software system documentation
- Analyzing, improving and optimizing systems and architecture
- Helping to instill a culture of DevOps amongst our development team; assisting with the implementation of the Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) methodology across our team
- Working collaboratively with instructional designers/training teams/project managers and other roles on the team or with outsourced contractors to imagine, design and implement successful AR/VR training solutions
- Working with other developers to prototype and implement features
- Ensuring scalable AR/VR solutions that integrate with Enduvo's platform and desktop application
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in software development
- At least 2 years of development experience with Unity 3D
- Good understanding of the Unity Engine, Editor and Services, including component scripting, shaders, performance profiling, networking, UI design, Unity Analytics, scene design, etc.
- Proficiency in C#, object-oriented programming, and data-oriented design
- Experience in AR/VR development with good project management skills
- Knowledge of and experience with ARKit and ARCore
- Experience with data serialization and file I/O
- Experience communicating with web APIs using Unity Web Requests
- Experience creating, accessing and modifying GameObjects and their components dynamically
- Understanding of 3D model data, texture maps, shaders and platform-based limitations for each
- Good problem solving and analytical skills with working knowledge of software processes (development, configuration, testing and deployment)
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodology and project tracking tools such as Jira with an understanding of Git version control
- Experience developing VR, AR, Desktop (Mac or PC Gaming), iPhone, Android, or Facebook apps
- Experience developing with Vive Input Utility and/or WebXR
- Good understanding of a production cycle with the ability to evaluate and raise the severity of issues as needed
- Good verbal and written communication skills including good evaluative listening skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks across multiple priorities and provide efficient time estimates
- Strong team player who maintains a professional attitude and endeavors to exceed expectations
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional and geographically diverse teams
- Reliable and proactive with the ability to work on confidential projects in a trustworthy manner
- Location: Chicago or Denver
Preferred Skills that Would Set You Apart:
- Experience with multiple programming languages (C++/Java/Python)
- Understanding of how to develop training software or serious games
- Experience in computer graphics topics such as rendering, computational geometry, mathematics, and 3D modeling
- Experience with UX/UI and usability testing
Note: We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas at this time.
Enduvo is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), medical history or condition, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected under federal, state or local law.