Envoy Global is on a mission to disrupt the global immigration process! Our patented online platform integrates the best of people and technology to streamline, simplify and expedite the immigration process for employers and individuals.
Working alongside our affiliated law firms with Envoy, we are giving companies the tools they need to hire the best talent from around the world, send talent where it’s needed, and help support foreign workers and immigrants throughout the process.
We’re a fast-growing, award-winning technology company, a leader in our space, and are backed by some of the country’s leading venture capital and growth equity firms.
We are seeking Associate Engineering Manager who has strong experience working with C# and developing ASP.NET applications. You'll have the opportunity to lead full life-cycle projects, from requirements gathering and technical design through development, launch, and support. Each project gives you the chance to solve unique business problems for our clients, interacting with them directly to create the best solution.
- Lead a team of dynamic software developers to build and maintain the application.
- Plan releases, schedule development by providing estimates and initial assessment for proposed development tasks.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Track and report progress of the project against key milestones keeping stakeholders informed throughout the release cycle.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams towards operational excellence.
- Manage development-related customer escalation and partner with support, product management and QA on triaging customer issues.
- Participate in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design.
- Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation
- Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed
- Participate in software design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements
- Work with both internal and external users to document project success criteria
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably Computer Science) with 8+ years industry experience
- Strong ability to design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming and design patterns
- Creative problem-solving abilities and strength working in a collaborative team environment
- Experience developing Single Page Applications
- Familiarity with Angular, Chrome Debugger, Middle-Tier Design, Database Design, Project Planning/Management, Agile/Scrum SDLC, and skill using tools such as JIRA and Confluence to manage the lifecycle
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; must be able to communicate at a level appropriate to the audience
Perks & Benefits:
- Extremely competitive and robust benefits through BCBS IL including telemedicine and mental health resources, and Principal Dental, Vision coverage
- 401k and company match which vests immediately
- Annual accrual of 18 days of paid time off (PTO), 2 personal days, and 10 paid holidays per year
- 2 paid volunteer days
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- On-demand learning and development courses through LinkedIn Learning
- Product and industry training
- Stock options after one year of employment
- Growing social responsibility programs & partnerships
- Opportunity to work for an organization that changes lives every day!
Recent Community Recognition:
- BuiltIn Chicago's 2020 & 2021 Best Places to Work
- Chicago Innovation Award Winner 2019
- ITA Industry Disrupter Winner 2019
Envoy Global is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability