Associate Principal, DevOps Engineering at OCC (Chicago, IL)
The candidate will be part of the Good Software Delivery (GSD) Practices team at OCC. The team is responsible for developing code to automate verifications of Security, Quality and Key controls for applications and releases that are integrated in the development teams build (CI) pipelines. The team is also responsible for building automated deployment (CD) pipelines for application releases. The goal of the team is to provides one path to production via automated build and deploy pipelines integrated with security and key controls across a large, complex
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Collaborate with development, platform automation and security teams to create and continuously improve a simple to use standardized repeatable automated application pipeline that includes testing, security and automated deployment to development and QA environments.
- Develop deployment automation for infrastructure and application releases, including rollback capabilities
- Develop the programs, scripts and tools required to provision, configure and monitor AWS infrastructure and its applications.
- Troubleshoot environments as problems arise, test fixes, and perform follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Collaborate with development, platform automation, security teams & senior IT management to create DevOps health reporting, metrics, and dashboards.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
· Strong collaboration and presentation skills reaching across functional borders including technical and non-technical audiences.
· Understanding of Kanban and/or Agile methodologies.
· Hands-on experience working in Agile and DevOps cultures, focusing on process improvement and automation.
· Experience of working both independently and collaboratively in a fast paced, change oriented, and demanding IT environment with a strong focus on business outcomes.
· Self-starter – takes the initiative to research, learn, and deliver. Anticipates the play.
· Team player – humble, collaborative, and focused on making sure the entire team succeeds.
- 6+ years software development experience, with at least 3 years in DevOps and Application development
- Python programming experience required, strong hands on experience writing code unit/integration tests with adherence to development standards and best practices
- Hands on experience with DevOps tools
- GitHub (branching strategies, peer reviews)
- Jenkins (building CI/CD pipelines for multi-application reusability)
- Terraform/ansible (provisioning & configuration management of applications/AWS resources)
- Experience in following technologies
- Kubernetes & Helm
- Hashicorp Vault
- Docker (containerize applications & best practices)
- Harness is a plus
- Knowledge of 3 musketeers pattern (make, docker and compose)
Education and/or Experience:
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degrees in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
Certificates or Licenses:
· Relevant industry certifications such as AWS Solutions Architect Associate or similar are a plus.