As an Associate Principal, DevOps Engineer you will be part of a team responsible for developing and continuously improving the Good Software Delivery (GSD) Practices CI/CD and Validation pipeline that will be used by our Development and QA teams. GSD provides one path to production via automated build and deploy pipelines integrated with security and key controls across a large, complex cloud-based computing environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Collaborate with development, platform automation and security teams to create and continuously improve a simple to use standardized repeatable automated application pipeline that includes testing, security and automated deployment to development and QA environments.
- Collaborate with development, platform automation and security teams to create and continuously improve a simple to use standardized automated validation pipeline that includes QA, Security, compliance checks that need to be passed in order to move out of development and into upper environments including releasing to production.
- Develop the programs, scripts and tools required to provision, configure and monitor AWS infrastructure and its applications.
- Develop deployment automation for infrastructure and application releases, including rollback capabilities
- Troubleshoot environments as problems arise, test fixes, and perform follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Collaborate with development, platform automation, security teams, IT business management & senior IT management to create reporting, metrics, and dashboards.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- Strong collaboration and presentation skills reaching across functional borders including technical and non-technical audiences.
- Understanding of Kanban and/or Agile methodologies.
- Hands-on experience working in Agile and DevOps cultures, focusing on process improvement and automation.
- Experience of working both independently and collaboratively in a fast paced, change oriented, and demanding IT environment with a strong focus on business outcomes.
- Self-starter – takes the initiative to research, learn, and deliver. Anticipates the play.
- Team player – humble, collaborative, and focused on making sure the entire team succeeds.
- 6+ years programming experience in languages Python or Java, with strong hands on experience writing automated tests
- 3+ years hands on with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) tools (examples - GitHub, SonarQube Jenkins, Artifactory, Docker, Docker-Compose, K8s).
- 3+ years of experience in technology delivery in a DevOps and Cloud Engineering environment; relevant industry certifications such as AWS Solutions Architect Associate or similar are a plus.
- Demonstrable experience of automation.
- Experience with Hygieia DevOps dashboard and integrating with DevOps tools is a plus
- Knowledge of with 3 musketeers (make, docker and compose) is plus
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degrees in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
Certificates or Licenses: