Responsible for performing network design & analysis of new architectures, routing/switching configuration and design, and network related business continuity approaches; developing systems specifications, technical implementation plans and coordinating complex installation projects with clients and vendors without supervision.
Responsible for performing network design and support of new network and security architectures for “on premise” and Cloud networks.
Assists in shifting culture to Dev Ops in order to operate in a CI/CD model.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Design and engineer new Routing, Switching, and Connectivity solutions.
- Design and engineer new Cloud network solutions.
- Design and plan network changes and new infrastructure. Work with vendors, common carriers and network engineering in identification and resolution of complex network problems.
- Ensure IT/Security Governance needs are met. (NIST-CSF and COBIT)
- Ensure network performance and network security standards are met.
- Provide tactical and strategic input on overall network planning and related projects.
- Provide on-call support according to assigned schedule.
- Document network changes, policies and procedures and drawings.
- Provide cross-training and mentoring to fellow team members and the organization.
- Manage large projects and schedules.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Mentor team on solutions and methodology.
- Team driver to agree upon plans and implement augmentations to the network
- Demonstrated capability and desire to help manage people, process, systems.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Presentation skills including planning, material preparation and public speaking.
- Ability to tailor communications to the technical level of the audience.
- Clear, concise and precise written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with people of various backgrounds.
- Negotiation skills including listening and persuasion.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, project management and mentoring skills
- Strong ability to use solution-oriented approach towards problem resolution
- Ability to work independently and be a team player
- Experience operating in a DevOps culture desired
- Experience using tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Python, and Github (or industry equivalent). Experience delivering Infrastructure as code desired.
- Experience building cloud infrastructure in environments such as AWS (Preferred), Azure, or Google Cloud, or similar service
- Experience using Agile Methodology preferred
- Advanced telecommunications technology knowledge with a minimum of 10 years’ experience
- Knowledge of layer 3 routing and switching
- Experience with IOS, NX-OS, and XR
- At least 10 years experience with architecting, designing, deploying, and operating network elements such as DNS/IPAM; Firewalls; Network Access Control Solutions (NAC); load balancing; DDoS mitigation, tapping/sniffing infrastructures; and NTP
- Excellent physical communication troubleshooting skills using cabling and signaling analyzer, packet capture and analysis
- Advanced WAN, LAN, TCP/IP, VPN, Ethernet Skills with a minimum 10 years experience.
- Extensive EIGRP, BGP4, RIP and OSPF Routing Protocol knowledge with a minimum 10 years experience.
- Experience with SDN deployments or Cisco ACI a plus
- CCNA/CCNP/CCIE a plus
- Experience with IP route and switching for mainframe and storage appliances desired.
Bachelor of Science in Telecommunication, IT, or Computer Science highly preferred
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a technology engineering or support role.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate or Professional (CCNA, CCNP, or CCDP) preferred or equivalent field experience.
- AWS certifications such as DevOps Engineer, Solutions Architect, Advanced Networking, or Security or equivalent field experience preferred