Associate Ruby Engineer at PowerReviews
PowerReviews is a fast-growing software company who partners with more than 1,000 global brands and retailers to help them improve product and shopping experiences. Through user-generated feedback like reviews, Q&A, and customer surveys, PowerReviews connects the entire shopping experience giving both businesses and consumers critical information for making informed decisions.
In your role as an Associate Software Engineer, you will work with our scrum teams to drive delivery of features that bring high performance, high usability and high stability within the context of our infrastructure, business practices, market pressures and planning cycles.
About Our Team
We have a team-oriented culture, and you will find yourself working closely with other engineers of varying disciplines (DevOps, QA, Front-End, Full-Stack, etc), product, design, data science, as well as other parts of the organization. We build and maintain a scalable platform that evolves to ever-changing business requirements, we learn from our experiences to always improve, and we have fun and celebrate our successes.
Our Tech Stack
We use AWS and utilize many open-source technologies. Our engineers look to adopt modern technologies to solve our business challenges.
- Frameworks: Rails, Phoenix, React.js, Spring (Boot, MVC, Security, etc.)
- Databases: PostgreSQL, Neo4J Graph Database, ElasticSearch, Snowflake
- AWS: DynamoDB, RDS, Redshift, S3, ElastiCache/Redis, EMR, Lambda, Cloudfront, SQS, SNS, CloudFormation, ECS/Docker, Linux
- Developer/DevOps tools: Jenkins for CI and Deployment, Sumologic, Datadog, Git
- Collaborate with front-end, QA, product, devops and UX teammates in an agile development environment and product cycle
- Collaborate with teammates to add new features and maintain existing codebases while learning a variety of technologies and working within the AWS ecosystems
- Deliver maintainable code that is thoughtfully designed and tested
- Participate in team brainstorming and code pairing sessions, and peer code reviews
- 1+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience working with the Ruby on Rails framework
- Desire for learning and passion for delighting users
- Ability to write clean, maintainable, DRY Ruby code
- Comfort working with Git and Linux
- SQL and ActiveRecord
- Interest in Elixir and/or Elm
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Open office environment and casual dress code
- Yearly training budget for learning and conferences
- Company lunches provided weekly
- Unlimited vacation and flexible work from home policies
- Stocked kitchen with beverages and tasty snacks
- Rooftop, gym, and office events
- Social outings and intramural sports teams
PowerReviews is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.
** Internal Candidates, please apply by visiting the Intranet **