Associate Software Engineer- New College Grad Program at Paylocity
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
Make an impact in tech and launch your future career with Paylocity. We work in small agile product-oriented teams where we innovate, collaborate, and bring amazing products to market. Our technology anywhere philosophy nurtures a diverse and dynamic group of colleagues with a shared mission to make great products and have fun doing it. Join our new 18-month New College Grad on-boarding program and develop to your full potential. After successfully completing the program, you will be placed on one of our product teams and continue to be able to work remotely from anywhere.
As a member of one of our product teams, you will be responsible for creating, enhancing, and supporting common features. Working side-by-side with Product Owners, Quality Assurance Engineers, and Business Stakeholders, our Associate Software Engineers are actively involved in the complete software development life cycle in an agile environment including technical design, hands-on coding, unit testing, performance tuning, maintenance, test automation, deploys and upgrades. Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Our next ASE NCG Cohort will begin January 2022 and July 2022.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science, software engineering, computer engineering or technology related field with an emphasis in software development
- Demonstrable proficiency with an object-oriented language (e.g., C#, Java, C++)
- Demonstrable knowledge of object-oriented design and development
- Effective working ability in an agile and team environment
- Previous internship experience in a technology-oriented role preferred
• Curiosity and candor; the quality of the idea wins the
• Effective and creative problem-solving skills
• Enthusiastic about developing the best software available and providing the ultimate customer experience
• An advocate for continuous improvement of our software development process
• Interested in staying current by applying new technologies
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment with a willingness to share your ideas
• Ability to work independently on modules and complete tasks with high quality and contribute to high velocity, but unafraid to seek out suggestions from other team members
• Excited to be creative and innovative while working on cutting-edge technology
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
• Education & Awareness
• Client Community
• Company Representation
• Advocacy & Support
• Fairness & Equality
• PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $71,500 - $115,000 /year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position offers a comprehensive variable compensation package, in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.