Associate Software Test Engineer (Remote) at Club Automation
Daxko powers health & wellness throughout the world. Every day our team members focus their passion and expertise in helping health & wellness facilities operate efficiently and engage their members.
Whether a neighborhood yoga studio, a national franchise with locations in every city, a YMCA or JCC--and every type of organization in between--we build solutions that make every aspect of running and being a member of a health and wellness organization easier and delightful.Job Description
As an Associate Software Test Engineer, you will collaborate closely with small cross-functional teams to deliver high-value features in short iterations. This is an entry-level position to work on a Product Development Team. This includes collaborating with other team members to understand the feature being built, plan for and test the new changes identifying risks, and surfacing them to the team. There will be a big emphasis on learning the product you’re supporting through exploratory testing, with the expectation that you will learn to contribute to test automation.
The Associate Software Test Engineer reports to the Software Test Manager.
You will also:
- Work autonomously to effectively test features and document test results in an Agile environment
- Collaborate with team members to quickly deliver customer value and learn from customer feedback
- Come up with creative and innovative solutions to complex testing problems
- Evaluate and help define acceptance criteria for user stories
- Analyze and break down large user stories into smaller, more testable ones
- Effectively plan for all testing activities required for the selected user stories each sprint
- Develop effective testing strategy and execute exploratory tests based on acceptance criteria
- Develop and maintain manual test cases or documentation for complex testing scenarios
- Assist with building and maintaining testing environments
- Attend project meetings and provide technical expertise as required
- Identify and communicate obstacles
- Learn to become a subject matter expert on the products you test
- Curiosity and the ability to think outside the box
- Willingness to learn
- Friendly attitude and collaborative spirit
- Strong passion for quality and excellence
- Basic understanding of how websites work
- Highly organized, methodical, terrific problem solver, and great communicator
- Passionate about software and technology
- Skilled at finding defects!
- High attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Ability to learn coding languages for test automation
- Associate degree (or another 2-year degree) or Coding Bootcamp with education in Information Technology and Computer Science
Bonus points for:
- Bachelor's Degree MIS, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience with software development or specific programming languages
Daxko is dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity in the broadest sense, including thought and perspective, age, ability, nationality, ethnicity, orientation, and gender. The skills, perspectives, ideas, and experiences of all of our team members contribute to the vitality and success of our purpose and values.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible paid time off
- Affordable health, dental, and vision insurance options
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- New-Parent Paid Leave
- 1-month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Casual work environments
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.