- Participates in the creation of design documents that ensure consistency in development across the IT organization.
- Supports the decision-making processes related to the selection of IT architecture solutions.
- Serves as a technical resource to software development engineering.
- Participates in implementing and improving core software infrastructure.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and/or managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities.
- Resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur.
- Participates in performing systems and applications performance characterization and trade-off studies through analysis and simulation.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of experience in an IT engineering role OR High school / GED and at least 5 years of experience in an IT engineering role.
- At least 2 years of experience in server side or client side technologies.
- Experience in domain-specific architecture concepts, emerging technologies. (Design patterns, frameworks, Java based solutions, mobile, OR Infrastructure Administration OR Data Sciences).
- Experience working with matrix teams including teams in different time zones.
- Experience creating and promoting guiding development principles and influencing development teams, business users and management in adoption of technical solutions.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information technology, Engineering, Science, or Math.
- Experience in domain-specific Architecture.