Associate Toy Design Engineer
The Marketing Store, a HAVI company, is a privately held global Agency that innovates, optimizes and drives marketing promotions and supply chains of many of the best-known brands in the world. When you work at The Marketing Store, you have a chance to make your mark – to be a part of work that drives value, brings a smile and keeps everyday life moving forward. Which means it’s not the size of our global footprint, but rather your personal fingerprint, that has the power to make a real difference for our customers… and to touch the lives of people both at home and around the world.
We are staffed by a senior team of classically trained marketing professionals. Having developed an insightful, strategic, brand-building process for creating advertising campaigns, we have adapted this same thinking to promotions, digital, direct, the Internet, CRM, loyalty, premiums and events. The result is unique solutions that cover the gamut of marketing channels. Our clients include McDonald’s, Nissan, Infiniti, T-Mobile and more!
Manages engineering development of promotional toy products under the supervision of a lead engineer. Responsible for maintaining engineering documentation, prototypes, and samples.
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Interrelationships:Internal – Design Engineering, Creative, Industrial Design, R&D, Client Service, Hong Kong engineering and costing teams.
- Provide engineering input/solutions to internal development teams to deliver products that are creative, safe, reliable, manufacturable, within cost parameters and on time with supervision from an engineering lead.
- Research and propose design solutions through sketches or prototypes during concept generation, model development, and pre-production stages.
- Support client and licensor concept/model/pre-production presentations.
- Develop specification packages to communicate and optimize product designs.
- Estimate product costs during concept development, modify designs, and negotiate costs as needed to meet established cost targets with supervision from an engineering lead.
- Participate in daily team meetings.
- Maintain all design engineering documentation including, but not limited to, design concepts, approval forms, change forms, prototypes, and pre-production samples.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, General Engineering, or equivalent
- 2 years work experience preferred
- Experience working with an Asian vendor base is a plus
- Communication skills – verbal and written
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to sketch conceptual ideas
- Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop preferred
Essential Physical/Other Requirements:
- Required to lift and manage box shipments
- Must be able to work under pressure and multi-task
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally
The Marketing Store provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees starting on day one. Our benefits include options for medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Company matching provision, profit sharing, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits (including discounts on products & services), employee assistance program, and disability insurance.
Thank you for your interest in The Marketing Store.
Please note that we will only contact candidates who are selected for an interview.
The Marketing Store is an equal opportunity employer.
We do not accept unsolicited calls, resumes or candidate referrals from recruiters and agencies.