Kin is the home insurance company For Every New Normal. Because of our proprietary technology and direct-to-consumer model, we provide affordable pricing without compromising coverage, even in areas most impacted by climate change. We’re proud to offer fully digital homeowners insurance with an elegant user experience, accurate pricing, and fast, high-quality claims service.
We are also proud to be recognized as Built In’s 2021 Best Midsize Companies to Work For in Chicago and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in America. We are growing super fast, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to help lead the way.
So, what’s the role?
Our low-code automation platform plays a strategic role in the data landscape at Kin. As the Automation Engineer, you will be the first point of contact and will own the implementation and maintenance of the platform. This will include, but is not limited to: requirements gathering, collaboration with software engineering and data teams, troubleshooting and coordination of work, and integration within our data governance platform.
A day in the life could include:
- Lead the end-to-end RPA and workflow automation (document, design, build, test, deploy, maintain) using recommended best practices
- Engage in discovery and identification of automation processes; proactively seek and suggest improvements, and outline any risks and recommend optimal solutions
- Define, promote and utilize best practices for RPA capabilities. Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) for others seeking to utilize RPA technologies to automate and streamline existing processes
- Work closely with the functional experts and RPA team to validate technical integration and development conforms to requirements
- Work with SMEs to ensure requirements are thorough and complete
I’ve got the skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- 5 years professional work experience in a data role
- Previous experience working with data pipelines, ETL, or analytics
- Previous experience working with RPA tools and/or low-code technologies.
- Proficiency in AWS and/or Terraform
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (including 100% employer-paid plans)
- Flexible PTO policy
- Very generous equity options and 401K
- Parental Leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Onsite gym membership - when we return to the office (Chicago office only)
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.